Does csv module exist in Kivy Launcher on android?

Alexander Petrov

Dec 14, 2012, 5:02:40 AM12/14/12
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
hello all

After running my app on Android (in launcher) i have got this log

[WARNING           ] stderr:   File "/mnt/sdcard/kivy/biread/myconfig.py", line 7, in <module>
[WARNING           ] stderr:     import csv
[WARNING           ] stderr:   File "/home/tito/code/python-for-android/build/python-install/lib/python2.7/csv.py", line 8, in <module>
[WARNING           ] stderr: ImportError: No module named _csv

On my windows desktop this app is working all right.
What's wrong with csv module on android? Where can i see the whole list of standart modules in Kivy Launcher?
And i can't find catalog /home/tito/code/python-for-android/build/python-install/lib/python2.7/ ?
Where does kivy launcher live on android?

Thanks.
ps. sorry for my english.

Gabriel Pettier

Dec 14, 2012, 11:18:42 AM12/14/12
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
see the red text here
http://python-for-android.readthedocs.org/en/latest/usage/#step-2-package-your-application
:)

and indeed, you can find _csv.so in this file, comment/delete the line
and repackage your app, then it should work.

cheers.

Le 14/12/2012 11:02, Alexander Petrov a �crit :

Alexander Petrov

Dec 14, 2012, 1:14:05 PM12/14/12
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

“It is never too late to learn”.
"To save a few megabytes" in apk i wil try to avoid such modules.

Thanks, Gabriel

Tibor Bielik

Oct 1, 2015, 5:55:15 AM10/1/15
to Kivy users support
Hi,
I commented out CSV module in blacklist, however buildozer is not able to get this module.
I posted question also on stack overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32875139/buildozer-cant-load-csv-module-after-removing-it-from-blacklist

From buildozer pip logs, to me it seems that buildozer wants via pip download this CSV module from site: https://pypi.python.org/simple/csv/, but maybe website changed because on that link is no packages.
Could this be the issue? Or should I provide CSV module to buildozer in other way?

Alexander Taylor

Oct 1, 2015, 6:10:00 AM10/1/15
to Kivy users support
I've answered on stackoverflow.

Also, please avoid resurrecting old threads like this, since you have a new problem there's no need to send the email to the previous participants.