How does Kivy create its automatic documentation

Yoel Koenka

May 20, 2015, 5:58:17 PM5/20/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'm writing a kivy based app and I'd like to have some auto-documentation.

I've read the Sphinx is mostly used for Python projects, but kivy has its special features like Properties, which I guess would also need some special treatment from the auto-doc engine.

Can someone point me to where I can read more of how to have auto-documentation like in kivy?

Alexander Taylor

May 20, 2015, 6:32:29 PM5/20/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Properties don't actually get any special treatment in our sphinx build (that I know of) - because they are declared at class level, they can just be given a docstring and sphinx documents them automatically. You can check the kivy source of e.g. any widget to see how this is formatted.

Yoel Koenka

May 21, 2015, 8:27:11 AM5/21/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Ah cool.
I'll read about Sphinx then and learn how it works.

Thanks!