Kivy 1.9.0, installing on Mac OS X?

Jon Kleiser

May 2, 2015, 7:01:56 AM5/2/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I just heard about Kivy, and I have just downloaded Kivy-1.9.0-rev3 for OS X. The instructions on http://kivy.org/docs/installation/installation-macosx.html says "Make sure to read the Readme.txt". But where is the Readme.txt? In the .dmg image I only see the Kivy.app, a MakeSymlinks, and the Applications alias.

I then proceeded with the "Installing the dev version", but when I tried the 'make', I got this:

Cython is missing, its required for compiling kivy !

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 177, in <module>
    from Cython.Distutils import build_ext
ImportError: No module named Cython.Distutils
make: *** [build] Error 1
---

I found the Kivy-latest.pdf, and under "1.1.2 Installation on MacOSX" I read that "For Mac OS X 10.7 and later, we provide a Kivy.app with all dependencies bundled." However, when I try to start the Kivy.app, not much happens, except in the system.log I see "Kivy[34134]: App did finish launching".

I'm running Mac OS X 10.10.3. How can I get Kivy up and running?

/Jon

qua non

May 2, 2015, 7:24:47 AM5/2/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Simply drag the ivy folder to Applications folder and then click on the make Symlinks script.

You should now have kivy setup, you can run your apps with kivy in two ways::

1) drag your main.py to kivy epicene in applications.
2) from the command line:: `kivy main.py`