How to create the interface between Kivy and the android system & GPS

Alex

May 3, 2015, 7:43:27 AM5/3/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm a beginner with about one year experience in Python (as an hobby). I have very little knowledge in computer science and related topics, so I'd appreciate getting simple answers which are suitable for my limited knowledge. Recently I was introduced to Kivy and I'm delighted about this user-friendly and comfortable tool. I work on a simple app, but during the work, I've been starting to wonder how the app should interact with the android system, for example: How it can send notifications? How should it ask the user if he's interested in receiving such notifications, and how his answer should be submitted? How the app should be opened & closed?

Another question: Is it possible to receive location data from the phone's GPS and to display this data on a map of the user's local area? if so, how can I learn how to do it and how do I ask the user's agreement to use its GPS?

Thank you in advance!

Alexander Taylor

May 3, 2015, 11:01:39 AM5/3/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I recently wrote a blog post summarising some details of interacting with android apis: http://kivy.org/planet/2015/04/python-on%C2%A0android/

To summarise that summary; you want to use Plyer, or pyjnius for anything plyer doesn't already have available.

Alex

May 5, 2015, 11:05:00 AM5/5/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!