Accented characters from a kivy textinput don't work in android

Laurent Estieve

May 14, 2018, 4:31:36 PM5/14/18
to Kivy users support
Hello,

I have a problem with accented characteres. In my kivy app, I create the following dictionary data wich includes a string from a kivy textinput (self.journal.text).

data = {
'pseudo' : G_pseudo,
'password' : G_password,
'connect' : 'N',
'j' : 'MAJ_JOURNAL_DESC',
'date' : date_jour['-'],
'desc_jour' : self.journal.text.decode('utf-8').encode('utf-8')
}

When I enter any string in the textinput, the dictionary is created without problem on my PC even with accented characters. On Android, it also works with normal characters but when I enter accented characters in the textInput, the application crashes and it generates the following java exception in my logcat: com.facebook.appevents.AppEventsLogger: Got unexpected exception: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: org.json.JSONObject
Do you know how to resolve this problem ?

Thanks