No web access for pip, problems installing when files installed manually. Help please!

Scott Mauceri

Apr 26, 2016, 12:40:30 PM4/26/16
to Kivy users support
Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to get my kivy program to run on windows 7 on a fresh Anaconda python install.  I don't have web access on this computer, so I downloaded the wheels for kivy's dependencies on another machine and moved them over myself.  Pip from the anaconda environment has no problem installing the kivy dependencies.  The only other dependencies in my program not fulfilled by anaconda are PyOrbital and SGP4.   When I try and run the source, I keep seeing an OpenGL 1.1 error.  Anybody have any experience with a totally manual kivy install?

Thanks!

Scott

Alexander Taylor

Apr 26, 2016, 3:26:20 PM4/26/16
to Kivy users support
Are you sure it's an installation problem and not the opengl 1.1 error you mention? There was also recently a bug with opengl version detection falsely giving 1.1, which could possibly be affecting you.