Re: [kivy-users] Re: Kivy TextInput glitches on Android

Monia Dev.

May 3, 2015, 6:31:31 PM5/3/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
On every keyboard, every android device.
It's even worse on the BlackBerry 10 OS.

Kovak <kova...@gmail.com> wrote:

Which keyboard is being used? What device? Android version? Please provide more details, the android ecosystem is large.

On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 3:57:23 PM UTC-6, Monia Verse wrote:
The TextInput widget works fine on Windows and Linux.

It misspells  words and sometimes types letters I haven't even typed.

Kovak

May 4, 2015, 1:52:45 AM5/4/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Which Kivy version? The other questions also still stand, I think I can safely say you have not tried every Android device or even every Android version in existence, not to mention the combination with all published keyboards. It is highly unlikely that we have many users who are using TextInput on Android without problems if every device and every keyboard does not work. If you would like to resolve your issue, instead of just troll the user group, I would suggest you give us more to go on then what you have posted.

Monia Dev.

May 4, 2015, 4:48:59 PM5/4/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't matter whether I've tried it in every android device.

On Nokia X, Samsung all with Android Api > 4.0 and BlackBerry 10, I compiled the app in Kivy 1.8.0

It mispells words. What kinda info can you possibly need??

Monia Dev.

May 4, 2015, 4:56:12 PM5/4/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Nokia XL, Samsung, BlackBerry Z 10 OS.
All with Android 4.0 or greater.
All glitching!

Kovak

May 4, 2015, 8:51:35 PM5/4/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
You should try with the current kivy release of 1.9, 1.8 is over a year old and I do believe we have had some textinput fixes in the more recent version.