Anyway to use the standard Google android keyboard in a Kivy app

Daniel Bill

Jan 23, 2018, 12:13:07 AM1/23/18
to Kivy users support
I deployed my app on Android and it all works great except it shows a rather basic keyboard without swipe and without the google voice icon. When I ran the app using Kivy Launcher I had access to the standard google keyboard. What do I need to do to get it working with a standard Android deploy? Since my app requires user keyboard input this is kind of a big deal to me.

Is this a known limitation or am I missing something?  Thanks for your help.

Daniel Bill

Jan 29, 2018, 10:58:50 AM1/29/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Has anybody had success with a standard Android keyboard in Kivy?