Admob and Kivy

Paul Royik

Dec 17, 2015, 1:53:09 PM12/17/15
to Kivy users support
What is the best way to integrate admob in kivy?

I saw this example:

It give error: subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ant', 'debug']' returned non-zero exit status 1

Are there any working solutions?

Alexander Taylor

Dec 17, 2015, 2:32:52 PM12/17/15
to Kivy users support
You can debug this problem by navigating to the python-for-android dist dir, then to the folder with the name of your distribution, and running 'ant debug'. You should see the full output including more info about the problem.

Paul Royik

Dec 18, 2015, 2:27:46 AM12/18/15
to Kivy users support
Ant complained that  google-play-services_lib/build.xml is invalid.
I looked into the folder and it appeared that there is no build.xml at all.

What should I do?

niavlys

Dec 18, 2015, 8:20:19 AM12/18/15
to Kivy users support

Le vendredi 18 décembre 2015 08:27:46 UTC+1, Paul Royik a écrit :

What should I do?

you have to update your py4a project (see here for details:
http://developer.android.com/tools/projects/projects-cmdline.html#UpdatingAProject
)

$ cd <your project directory> && android  update project -t 1 -p ./google-play-services_lib

Paul Royik

Dec 18, 2015, 10:11:54 AM12/18/15
to Kivy users support
Thank you.

Paul Royik

Dec 18, 2015, 12:18:50 PM12/18/15
to Kivy users support
I managed to make this

But advertising is empty (even no space for it). I use correct admob id.

Abdessamad Yadini

Jul 18, 2016, 9:29:49 PM7/18/16
to Kivy users support
Hi did you success in implementing the admob ads?
i'm not finding the google-play-services_lib even i downloaded the  "google repository" and "Google Play services" in sdk manager and also the AndroidManifest.tmpl.xml

Peter Mukasa

Mar 31, 2018, 3:28:06 AM3/31/18
to Kivy users support
Hello, I'm new to kivy and I'm running everything in a VM.
How did you locate the android sdk manager to download 'Google repository' and 'Google repository'. I have tried to figure this out, but I can't so please help me. Thank you.