Multi-touch on android not working

Chris

Jun 13, 2017, 2:21:26 PM6/13/17
to Kivy users support
Hi

I've been using this superb 'Crash Course' to start finding my way around Kivy, but when I built the first app and deployed it to my S6 Edge, the multi-touch (zoom/rotate) bits aren't working. I don't have another android device to test, but is this a common problem?

I compiled it on OS-X using buildozer, is it likely to be a faulty compile or is it likely to be my 'phone?

Thanks
Chris

Alexander Taylor

Jun 13, 2017, 6:03:53 PM6/13/17
to Kivy users support
Are you able to do multitouch drawing with a different Kivy app, such as touchtracer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kivy.touchtracer)?

Chris Cordner

Jun 14, 2017, 2:01:09 AM6/14/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Good morning

Yes, I’ve just downloaded that and it works fine. I’m up to about video seven now and everything else is working - it’s just the zoom/rotate bits that aren’t. I’m just a bit concerned that if it isn’t working for this, what will happen if I attempt something more complicated.

I’ve been copying the code straight from the tutorials, so I don’t think it can be that.

Thanks
Chris