Is keybr.com/#!practice been broken for anybody else?

Alex Bravo

Jan 4, 2016, 11:18:15 AM1/4/16
to keybr.com
Since the beginning of 2016 when I practice at keybr.com/#!practice, the numbers stay the same after each exercise.
Is this only happening to me?

Aliaksandr Radzivanovich

Jan 5, 2016, 3:25:17 PM1/5/16
to keybr.com
Alex, it is true that I have made a major update just recently. The app has changed so much under the hood. I am hoping to add some new features, but before that I had to modernize and modularize the code base. This is what I have been working for the last three months.

Anyway, regarding your specific case. Using your email I have found your record in our account database, and checked your stats data file. The last time it changed was Jun 13  2015. Are you sure you were signed in when you were using the site? What is the current status, does the app save your data now?

Thanks,
Alex

sco...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2016, 4:07:36 PM1/14/16
to keybr.com
Just to add to this:

I have a similar (but not identical) issue. After some exercises, the speed/errors/score do not update from the previous exercise. It happens about one in ten times, but I cannot reproduce it on purpose.

lowfare...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2016, 6:22:01 AM2/23/16
to keybr.com
i just loged in with my facebook account and i reached till "G" after that i am getting an error message that "cannot add new records to data base... Because : not reachable"

Please check my account :

logged in using FB account

My name is E P Mohamed Nizar
email : lowfare...@gmail.com

Regards,

kbco...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2016, 7:29:46 PM4/22/16
to keybr.com
I am having the same problem. It generally seems to happen when I had a really good run, which is highly disappointing because that's when I would have possibly reached a new top speed/score.

ssw...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 10:11:07 AM7/13/16
to keybr.com
I've been running into the same bug. At least half of the time, the score doesn't update at the end of a round.

David Glover

Aug 9, 2016, 8:18:05 AM8/9/16
to keybr.com
Alex, not working at all now for me. I have always used the keybr key, now I am stuck in some kind of loop to the last site that worked for me no matter what I do.  I have tried everything bar the nuclear option of starting again. looking at some of the comments I suspect that this will not work either! Appalling update, shame as it was a fun typing aid, the new layout on its own will stop me reading the adverts. The cursor change is very odd, basically too intrusive. Really not sure what drove you to this but did you test this at all?
David
Message has been deleted

Alex Bravo

Mar 5, 2018, 12:18:21 PM3/5/18
to keybr.com
I finally looked at the JS source code for the reason of this problem.
This is what I found:

    function a(e) {
            for (var t in e) {
                var n = e[t];
                if (0 != n.t && n.t < 40)
                    return !1
            }
            return !0
        }

This function is called from n.validateResult()
t = 4.75 and thus validation fails.

I'm using a Twiddler chording keyboard that has "macros" for things like "the", "ing", etc.
Thus the keyboard is sending the whole sequence for "t-h-e" once I press a certain key combination.
This is why t his such a low value.

@Alex, is there a why to remove this limitation? Or add a setting or some other workaround for this?

@Alex, is there a why to remove this limitation?

urimi...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 12:39:12 PM5/21/18
to keybr.com
hey there, I cannot type "[" even though I can do it with my keyboard (from Spain) it does not detect it keybr.com

thank yu!

emcha...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2019, 2:05:18 PM2/28/19
to keybr.com
I'm having same problem here in the US, keybr is stuck and doesn't respond to keyboard typing. Can anyone help?

mhend...@gsschool.org

Apr 5, 2019, 2:50:29 PM4/5/19
to keybr.com
make sure u r not on caps lock