Add menu button for phones without menu button

Martin Blenn

Nov 18, 2014, 7:22:07 AM11/18/14
to kellermeiste...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jürgen,

first of all a huge thanks for the app, it's been a my application of choice for cellar management and notes taking for the last two years!

Unfortunately some new phones like the Galaxy S5 no longer have a dedicated menu button.
I was close to throw mine gainst the wall, couldn't use the Kellermeister menus, add, adjust wines etc...
Keeping the left capacitive key pressed for some seconds pops up the menus, that makes everything usable again, but it surely slows the whole handling down.

Any chance you could add a menu button in the app to offer a consistent user experience across the various phone & android implementations/interfaces?
Would be much appreciated :)

Regards from Hannover!

Jürgen Jatzkowski

Nov 18, 2014, 8:24:38 AM11/18/14
to kellermeiste...@googlegroups.com

Hi Martin,

sure I could do this but unfortunately this requires rewriting most of the UI code. This will need some time and unfortunately again this is a ressource I'm actually running really short now. Hope this will change at Xmas ;)

Best and thanks for the feedback!

Jürgen

Martin Koschmider

Nov 18, 2014, 1:10:24 PM11/18/14
to kellermeiste...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the quick answer!
I'll survive for now taking the detour ;-)

Regards, Martin

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Kellermeister User Group" group.