How to use fingerprint sensor unlock feature

shanta...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2017, 11:53:13 AM11/23/17
to KeePassDroid
How to use fingerprint sensor unlock feature? Please guide me.

kenw...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2017, 2:57:58 AM11/24/17
to KeePassDroid
read the text below the password field when you have entered the first password character and there is your instruction.

iannotta...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2017, 4:56:26 AM11/24/17
to KeePassDroid
I  try to enter in setup-->DataBase to enhable fingerprint sensor but database enter is grey and i cant enter in it. Database is done by phone and is in the keepassdroid director in phone memory. I'm using a Samsung A5(2016) with android 7.0 and a Samsung S5mini with Android 6.0.1 with the same problem.
Thx for help.

matt...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2017, 6:41:56 PM11/24/17
to KeePassDroid
This is unhelpful - nothing on the screen changes when the password is being entered. Tapping on the fingerprint icon does nothing. I can't edit the database settings either. I'd like to set up fingerprint password but can't figure it out.

rafael...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2017, 1:14:37 AM11/25/17
to KeePassDroid
I just found out:
After you entered your password you touch the fingerprint sensor instead of the OK button. This connects the pw with the fingerprint sensor.
The next time you open the database you can use the fingerprint directly.

tomas....@stribro.net

Nov 25, 2017, 3:36:10 AM11/25/17
to KeePassDroid
Thanks! It's working well :-)

iannotta...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2017, 8:31:49 AM11/25/17
to KeePassDroid
I try but it doesn't work. i insert password and touch fingerprint sensor but nothing happened.

marino.a...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2017, 5:41:19 PM11/25/17
to KeePassDroid
Same here... Nothing happens

dannygro...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2017, 1:47:47 AM11/26/17
to KeePassDroid
After enter ing password don't pusg fingerprint icon but use fingerprint scanner. Works on my S7.

matt...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2017, 1:47:18 PM11/26/17
to KeePassDroid
Touching my fingerprint sensor after entering my definitely does something. Before typing in a password the text under the password says "no password stored yet for this database"; then while typing in my password the text under the password says "use fingerprint to store this password"; but I just keep getting the message "fingerprint problem". I'm on a OnePlus 3T and I have several other apps working with my fingerprint just fine.

cente...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2017, 5:06:40 PM12/10/17
to KeePassDroid
It happens to me exactly the same. I have a Mate 10
___________

A mi me pasa exactamente lo mismo. Tengo un Mate 10

rober...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2017, 6:39:07 AM12/15/17
to KeePassDroid
I had problems, but what I did was clear out the app data & cache, reenter all the info into the app and instead of clicking enter, after inputting the passport, I touched the fingerprint reader & problem resolves. -Note 8 user.

albuquerq...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2018, 5:59:21 AM1/20/18
to KeePassDroid
Thank you! That works!
Message has been deleted

jones.b...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2018, 11:23:40 AM1/26/18
to KeePassDroid
I did the exact same thing cleared the app data and cache, I then input my password but used the finger print option and it worked.

Using LG V30+

graha...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 1:29:21 PM2/19/18
to KeePassDroid
Is there a way change back to passwords after enabling the fingerprint option?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ch...@chilliheatwave.co.uk

Apr 7, 2018, 7:09:58 AM4/7/18
to KeePassDroid
Brilliant, this works.

I'm a techie guy and struggled to work this out. There needs to be some better instructions in the app, maybe an alert on first use with steps to store the password against the fingerprint.

ch...@chilliheatwave.co.uk

Apr 7, 2018, 7:10:58 AM4/7/18
to KeePassDroid
Both methods can be used. Once you've set up fingerprints, you can still type the password as before :)

j...@jlmaddox.com

May 16, 2018, 11:28:40 PM5/16/18
to KeePassDroid
For me, the text under the password says "no password stored yet for this database" even after I entered my password. I then click the "Show password" box. That was the magic. I was not able to store my fingerprint until I entered the password AND checked the "Show password" box.

rwar...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2018, 5:06:12 PM6/18/18
to KeePassDroid
Perfect! Fingerprint works now. Thank you so much.

pcliv...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2018, 4:37:28 PM7/10/18
to KeePassDroid
If the fingerprint option is greyed out...
At least for this phone, Samsung Galaxy S6.  It seems that you have to have your phone setup so that you use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone.  Once I enabled that, the fingerprint icon was then lit up.  I was then able to setup/configure the fingerprint login in KeePassDroid.  After I set it up, I was then able to login to the data using my fingerprint scanner on the phone.

Since I don't use a password, pattern, etc. to unlock my phone, I decided to set the phone unlock method back to "Swipe".  Even though the fingerprint info is still in the phone as I use it for other apps, the fingerprint functionality seems to rely on the fingerprint phone unlcok being your method of unlocking your phone.  Once I turned off the phones unlocking security method, the fingerprint method would no longer access the Keepass database.  I did, however, manage to get it working with the phone set to unlock using the pattern method...just not the swipe method.

bimales...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2018, 5:37:04 AM8/9/18
to KeePassDroid

eelcod...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2018, 1:46:13 PM8/14/18
to KeePassDroid
Hi, the fingerprint scanner has worked for several months on my samsung galaxy s5
Since the last weeks it does not work anymore.

When i want to reenable the scanner function i get an message "Fingerprint problem" the scanner works ok.
The previous fingerprint is not longer active in the scanner...

no clue if this is a bug in keypassdroid or caused by the latest security updates on my phone.

the fingerprint scanner does work normally on my phone..

any clues?

dni...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2019, 9:32:57 PM3/1/19
to KeePassDroid
Thank you!!!!!! Spent 2 h on the internet until I found your instructions.

truszczyn...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2019, 12:42:14 PM3/21/19
to KeePassDroid
In case of problems clear the app data and memory! Then set keepass login data again. After entering password, use your fingerprint reader instead of entering OK.

dni...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2019, 12:52:23 PM3/21/19
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, it worked following your previously posted instructions.

jarome...@gmail.com

May 27, 2019, 7:02:00 AM5/27/19
to KeePassDroid
Is there any way to restore the previous connection between pw and fingerprint?

I was using fingerprint on my S8 since very long time... but a few minutes ago it fails. I think it was because of the phone case as it could not recognize my fingerprint due to the case... but then, on the following trial, suddenly when I put my finger on the fingerprint scanner, another password (with only ONE letter) appears on the login screen. I didn't change anything but suddenly it looks like the password linked to my fingerprint has been changed.

My problem now is that... because of so long time without typing the password, now I can't remember it.
I really can't understand why this assosiation between fingerprint/password has been changed because of a fail during my first trial (due to a shit of smartphone case).

Is there any way to fix this problem restoring the previous pw linked to my fingerprint?

dojoa...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2019, 9:29:58 AM6/21/19
to KeePassDroid
Thanks a lot Rafael it just worked. I had to try a few times. Now Keepass has just skyrocketed and is simply the best most secure and easy to use password manager. I've been using it for years.

Works great on my new Moto G7 plus.

alingabriel...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2019, 2:15:29 PM7/8/19
to KeePassDroid
Ty man

m.vale...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2019, 9:12:55 AM12/3/19
to KeePassDroid
It works fine. Thanks a lot. MVAS with Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Em sábado, 20 de janeiro de 2018 08:59:21 UTC-2, albuquerq...@gmail.com escreveu:
Thank you! That works!