Anyone use the filament that Monoprice sells?

Sharon Mehl

Nov 27, 2014, 11:38:30 PM11/27/14
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
Wondering if anyone has used the "premium 3D Printer Filament PLA 3mm 1kg/spool" that Monoprice sells?

What type of filament does Tom Newell's printer use...PLA or ABS?

Thanks.

Sharon

Luis Rodriguez

Nov 28, 2014, 11:45:38 AM11/28/14
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
Does the printer have a heated bed? That is one clue. I have not used this filament. I recommend Colorfabb filament. Sold by PrintedSoild in the states.

tim middleton

Nov 28, 2014, 1:17:10 PM11/28/14
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com

The Oni h-bot uses pla or abs and several other types of material.  My Oni prints great with material Tom sells and with abs from Microcenter.

Bryan Boettcher

Nov 28, 2014, 5:13:12 PM11/28/14
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
It also prints great with the material Rich sells :)

Sharon Mehl

Nov 28, 2014, 5:23:27 PM11/28/14
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
Luis ... yes

Tim ...I didn't realize that Tom sold filament ...

BrYan ... Rich? Have I met him ... I'm bad with names so maybe I have but don't remember his name (sorry Rich)   ;-)

Thinking I may want to buy a printer from Tom ...if ONLY I could get the Rockola (45rpm) jukebox to work and sell it ... it's got a little fluke and I don't know who to get to work on it ...

Thanks so much!

Sharon