Trusted brands of 3D filament with wide variety of colors

Sharon Mehl

Jan 24, 2015, 11:39:30 PM1/24/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
As you know, I'm getting ready to build my own Oni this coming week ... and I'm wanting to know what is a trusted brand of the 1.75mm filament that has a wide variety of colors??

I like the IC3D filament and I plan on ordering some this week, but I want some additional colors.  What would you recommend...and any brands specifically to stay away from?

My sons are wanting gold, silver, and maybe a light tan and possibly a brown for some cosplay items.

For the brown I am thinking about the wood filament (which brand do you recommend) because my son wanted a "wood look" to his item.

Would any of you be willing to print some red (or black) robots for the robotics team that I mentor?  I told them that the Ultimaker could print some and that I would order red filament (or it could be black) for my printer (hopefully it will be up and running by Saturday) and I could print out some give-a-ways for the robotics competition coming up in March. If you want to, and want to hang out at our space on Friday night ... let me know ... I'll bring snacks to share ... but I'll be a bit busy trying to get it built by 10pm!  ;-)

One more thing ... would anyone be interested in 1.75mm filament in some specialty types ... splitting spools?  That way we can try something new out and only spend 1/2 on it.  ??

Thanks!

Sharon Mehl
Add me on LinkedIn: