printing with WOOD filament

Sharon Mehl

Apr 13, 2015, 1:30:01 AM4/13/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
which wood filament brands have you used .... recommend or not?

I know Luis said he used Laywoo-D3...

What about Sain-smart's line?

Are they all an ABS? What I am wanting to print ...(yeah thinking Christmas in April) ... needs to be in ABS or something similar due to the stress that will be put on the prints and it will be in a very warm climate although should never be outside ....

Thanks for your insight!

Sharon

I'm loving this Oni!

Bryan Boettcher

Apr 13, 2015, 10:30:18 AM4/13/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
they will clog the hell out of your nozzle, just FYI

Sharon Mehl

Apr 13, 2015, 11:08:34 AM4/13/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
ok.... scrap that idea ... ok guess I'm looking to buy dark brown ABS instead.

Thanks!

Sharon Mehl
Add me on LinkedIn:

Luis E. Rodriguez

Apr 13, 2015, 11:48:44 AM4/13/15
to KC Fabricators
I used a dedicated nozzle drilled out to .8. We printed models for the train guys here. Brain is right, if you are to hot it is a pain. But the final pieces were like balsa wood pieces. Pretty cool. I also made a bow tie and sealed it with butcher block oil. Pretty cool stuff. I haven't used it since. Dedicated nozzles is ideal but not practical to your pocketbook. I just flush and clean nozzles when switching materials.

Luis E. Rodriguez