Have you printed with Taulman T-Glase 3D Printer Filament??

Sharon Mehl

Jan 18, 2015, 10:23:55 PM1/18/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
Was wondering if anyone has printed with the T-Glase successfully? If Tom thinks it would print on the Oni ... I am wondering if anyone would like to split a spool so we can both try it out?  I don't think I would use a full spool in the time it should be used up ...

Tom? Would the Oni be able to print with T-Glase?

Anyone want to split a spool if Tom says yes?

Sharon
...who can't wait to build her own Oni!!!  :-)

Luis E. Rodriguez

Jan 18, 2015, 11:14:04 PM1/18/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
I have, works great! I am SURE the Oni can!

Luis E. Rodriguez

Sharon Mehl

Jan 18, 2015, 11:18:24 PM1/18/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to see a sample of this stuff printed.  Hopefully someone will want to split a spool with me so I can just get a taste of what it can do...

Can you see through it at all? Could it be used as a visor?  Brian is wanting me to print him a Halo helmet as soon as I get the Oni put together ...

Thanks!

Sharon Mehl
Add me on LinkedIn:

Bryan Boettcher

Jan 18, 2015, 11:20:04 PM1/18/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
TGlase isn't transparent.  It's at *best* translucent ... there is some kind of filler material you can add to it to make it more clear after the fact though.  The ONI can absolutely do it, as can nearly every 1.75mm machine.

Luis Rodriguez

Jan 18, 2015, 11:21:22 PM1/18/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
I saw this article about clearing it up but haven’t tried it. Looks fun to try.

Luis Rodriguez

Sharon Mehl

Jan 18, 2015, 11:31:31 PM1/18/15
to kc-fabr...@googlegroups.com
hmmm so it would be better as "glass" in say a Tardis that I want to light up?   I'll check out the article ... thanks to both of you.

I'm so excited about this Oni ... as you can well imagine I think!!

I've promised Brian a helmet ... and if the Shawnee Mission North Robotics team gets a "fob" design this week made up, I've offered to donate the filament needed to print out the items for the competition ... but just hope the parts can come soon because we'd need several printers printing a lot to get enough for the competition to hand out!  CCCKC has done a Learn to Solder class with the team and recently a Raspberry Pi workshop and they just think it's great! We had a good turn out for the Pi class.  :-)

Thanks!

Sharon Mehl
Add me on LinkedIn: