Karma install location and source control

Derek Baker

Dec 9, 2016, 11:44:42 AM12/9/16
to karma-users
Hi all,

We're evaluating Javascript unit test runners and frameworks and are pretty fond of the combination of karma and jasmine. The only thing that's still feeling a bit weird is the recommendation from the installation page on the Karma website that we "install Karma (and all the plugins your project needs) locally in the project's directory."

I think what feels weird is that then it's in our source tree and potentially getting checked into source control. Is that also recommended? Or do people generally add 'node-modules' to their git ignore files? Or am I misreading that sentence entirely?

I'll admit I'm a bit new to Node and npm so it's possible I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Derek