My karma-edge-launcher project

Nick McCurdy

Nov 4, 2016, 9:36:56 PM11/4/16
to karma-users
Hi everyone,

I have been working on a Karma launcher for Microsoft Edge (based on the official IE launcher). It's still in development but it should still be stable enough to be useful. I would appreciate any feedback or bug reports. I'm also interested in passing this to the karma-runner GitHub organization if it's considered stable enough.

Mark Trostler

Nov 7, 2016, 2:46:36 PM11/7/16
to karma...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  Wonder if this should be rolled into the IE launcher or Edge is a totally different thing?

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Nick McCurdy <thenic...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been working on a Karma launcher for Microsoft Edge (based on the official IE launcher). It's still in development but it should still be stable enough to be useful. I would appreciate any feedback or bug reports. I'm also interested in passing this to the karma-runner GitHub organization if it's considered stable enough.

Nick McCurdy

Nov 7, 2016, 3:01:53 PM11/7/16
to karma-users
Good question, we had this discussion on a GitHub issue: https://github.com/karma-runner/karma-ie-launcher/issues/35

I decided to make it a permanent fork of karma-ie-launcher (in other words, basing the code off of the project without upstreaming it). I wanted to use some of the initial Windows support and the build tool setup, but Edge requires a very different launching mechanism than the IE launcher uses, so I didn't think it would have made sense to upstream those changes. Additionally, IE has some configuration options that Edge doesn't need (since it doesn't always honor X-UA-Compatible).

On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 2:46:36 PM UTC-5, trostler wrote:
Awesome!  Wonder if this should be rolled into the IE launcher or Edge is a totally different thing?
On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Nick McCurdy <thenic...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been working on a Karma launcher for Microsoft Edge (based on the official IE launcher). It's still in development but it should still be stable enough to be useful. I would appreciate any feedback or bug reports. I'm also interested in passing this to the karma-runner GitHub organization if it's considered stable enough.

Mark Trostler

Nov 7, 2016, 3:09:32 PM11/7/16
to karma...@googlegroups.com
great sgtm.  Fine by me if you want to move it under karma-runner - not sure what's involved in the switch.
thanks!

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/karma-users.

Nick McCurdy

Nov 7, 2016, 3:23:15 PM11/7/16
to karma-users
Thanks, that's in progress: https://github.com/nickmccurdy/karma-edge-launcher/issues/2

It's also currently available on npm as karma-edge-launcher.

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Nick McCurdy <thenic...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Mark Trostler

Nov 7, 2016, 3:24:55 PM11/7/16
to karma...@googlegroups.com
Great looks like you guys are on it - thanks & nice work!

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/karma-users.