From where, is socket.io.js served?

john.smith...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2017, 7:16:47 PM8/8/17
to karma-users

While trying out Karma, after going through normal installation, init, I run  node_modules/karma/bin/karma start karma.conf.js and Chrome browser opens.

Here is my understanding

1)    Homepage served is /node_modules/karma/static/client.html which has two scripts

<script src="socket.io/socket.io.js"></script>

<script src="karma.js"></script>

2)    karma.js comes from /node_modules/karma/static/karma.js

3)    Under my project directory, I am seeing two socket.io.js files

./node_modules/socket.io/lib/socket.io.js

./node_modules/socket.io-client/dist/socket.io.js

And none of them is being loaded in Chrome. Changes I made in those files are not showing up in Chrome debugger. That is how I know.

My question is that where socket.io/socket.io.js comes from? In other words, what is the source location of file socket.io/socket.io.js?