Can't get CONNACK + KAASYNC message

asd

Jul 13, 2016, 4:09:27 AM7/13/16
to Kaa project
I'm currently running Kaa container on Rancher and I'm trying to insert data to Cassandra with a simple application. My log appender seems to be working as Cassandra creates the table, but I seem to have a problem with Kaa instead.

[main] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.persistence.KaaClientPropertiesState - Version: '0.9.0', commit hash: ''
[main] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.persistence.KaaClientPropertiesState - First SDK start
[main] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.channel.impl.channels.AbstractHttpChannel - Creating a new executor for channel default_bootstrap_channel
[main] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.channel.impl.DefaultChannelManager - Failed to find operations server for channel [default_operation_tcp_channel] type TransportProtocolId [id=1456013202, version=1]
[main] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.logging.AbstractLogCollector - New log upload strategy was set: org.kaaproject.kaa.client.logging.strategies.RecordCountLogUploadStrategy@7a7d1b47
[Thread-0] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.channel.impl.channels.AbstractHttpChannel - Processing sync BOOTSTRAP for channel default_bootstrap_channel
[main] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.channel.impl.channels.DefaultBootstrapChannel - Log record {"int": 1} sent
[pool-3-thread-1] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.logging.strategies.RecordCountLogUploadStrategy - Need to upload logs - current count: 1, threshold: 1
[Thread-2] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.channel.impl.channels.DefaultOperationTcpChannel - Can't sync. Channel [default_operation_tcp_channel] is waiting for CONNACK message + KAASYNC message[main] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.channel.impl.channels.DefaultBootstrapChannel - Log record {"int": 1} sent
[pool-3-thread-1] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.logging.strategies.RecordCountLogUploadStrategy - Need to upload logs - current count: 2, threshold: 1
[Thread-2] INFO org.kaaproject.kaa.client.channel.impl.channels.DefaultOperationTcpChannel - Can't sync. Channel [default_operation_tcp_channel] is waiting for CONNACK message + KAASYNC message

This is the output my application gives. It's basically trying to send a log of a single int to Cassandra, but it doesn't seem to be able to sync with Kaa Control service. Or this is as I have understood it. I have tested this application with Kaa Sandbox as well, and it works there without any problems. Is it possible that my Kaa container is configured in a wrong way?

asd

Jul 22, 2016, 9:03:06 AM7/22/16
to Kaa project
Some update on this.

Originally we had Kaa, Cassandra, Zookeeper and MariaDB each in their own separate container. I wrote my first message during that time, so the application output is for that container configuration. That configuration didn't seem to work due to the "Can't sync" error. We tried to look at our working Sandbox demo and configure our containers similarly, but that didn't solve our problem.

Then we tried to run Kaa in its own container only, and Cassandra, Zookeeper and MariaDB as sidekicks for it. We got everything up without any errors during container set up, but running out application gave the same exact error as with our first container configuration. Again, we looked at our working Sandbox and tried to configure our container. This didn't work either.

The last thing we tried, which was strongly against how we wanted to set up our containers, was to install everything inside one single container. So Kaa, Cassandra, Zookeeper and MariaDB were on one container. We followed your official Kaa installation guide and got everything running as well as on the two previous container configurations. This time, however, when we run our application we get this error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to obtain list of bootstrap servers.
at org.kaaproject.kaa.client.AbstractKaaClient.<init>(AbstractKaaClient.java:190)
at org.kaaproject.kaa.client.BaseKaaClient.<init>(BaseKaaClient.java)
at org.kaaproject.kaa.client.Kaa.newClient(Kaa.java:47)
at minikamu.MiniKaMU.sendLog(MiniKaMU.java:21)
at minikamu.MiniKaMU.main(MiniKaMU.java:16)
/home/h9073/.cache/netbeans/8.1/executor-snippets/run.xml:53: Java returned: 1

It seems that this container configuration works worse than the previous two. I looked at our configuration files and compared them to working configurations on our Sandbox, and they are similar. I attached a log of all the errors and warning I got from Kaa logs.
kaa-node.log

Kirill Liubun

Jul 27, 2016, 7:55:59 AM7/27/16
to Kaa project
Hi,
What do you mean by Kaa container -- Kaa cluster? Did you use this guide http://docs.kaaproject.org/display/KAA/Installation+guide to configure Kaa cluster? Because it seems that you missed something while configuring Kaa server.