[K2 Support] Changing Link Color in the Feed

Stephen

May 5, 2010, 4:07:25 PM5/5/10
to K2 Support
Hello again, I am a newb to CSS and am having difficulty changing the
color of my links in the feed, as well as in general. I have been
looking for an a:link{ color line but have been unable to locate it.
Is it not in style.css? I want to change the links to purple as well
as when after they are visited.

http://onfalling.com/

Many Thanks,

Stephen

John Asbacher

May 6, 2010, 2:23:25 AM5/6/10
to k2-su...@googlegroups.com
NOTE: basic CSS questions like this are better suited to searching
google for CSS answers, or doing some basic CSS tutorials.

Try this in your child theme style.css file.
Use Firefox and install Firebug. Learn how to use Firebug. It is an
excellent "CSS debugging and trying out different things" tool

The #page and .wrapper make the a:stuff stronger and over-rides other
a:stuff from other CSS files.
.wrapper is also BELOW the header...

/* This is overriding core.css.php a colors */
#page .wrapper a:link {color:#2070D0;}
#page .wrapper a:visited {color:#34A;}
#page .wrapper a:active {
color:#B25;
background-color: transparent;
}
#page .wrapper a:hover {color:#C36;}

Stephen

May 11, 2010, 12:22:29 PM5/11/10
to K2 Support
Hi John,

I tried the code you set out in my child to no avail. The thing that
boggles my mind is that when I inspect the link with firebug, it
points me to line 1041, a line that is nonexistent in either of my
style sheets.

a {
color:#2277DD;
text-decoration:none;

Stephen

Michael Heilemann

May 11, 2010, 12:42:48 PM5/11/10
to k2-su...@googlegroups.com
The style.css on your site has over 1800 lines when I view it. Are you looking in the right file?
--
/ M

Stephen

May 12, 2010, 11:14:20 AM5/12/10
to K2 Support
Hi Micheal I believe so. Firebug points to line 1041 on style sheet
#2, which is the parent K2 theme. The link color I am trying to
change, 2277DD, and #BB4411 for visited, I believe are both simply
browser defaults. I have heard talk of important tags to place in the
child css file to override existing code, although the code that John
suggested did not work.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate you walking me through this.

Stephen
> > k2-support+...@googlegroups.com<k2-support%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > groups.google.com/group/k2-support?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > .

Stephen

May 17, 2010, 12:27:51 PM5/17/10
to K2 Support
Hi again, I just wanted to let you know that I finally figured out
what I was doing wrong. I had some pretty stupid errors that set me
back, but that is the way you learn.

Here is the code that I threw into my child to change the footer:

<!--
a:link {color:#444444;}
a:visited {color:#444444;}
a:active {color:#1da49e; background-color: transparent;
a:hover {color: #ff0000;}
-->

And of course the links were actually in the original css footer, but
my firebug pointed me to the full notation of the color, while the K2
default uses abbreviations for the colors. In sum, the line was
present, I was just searching for the wrong thing.

For some reason however, I have been unable thus far to change all of
the link colors throughout my site in my child. I have had to resort
to changing the parent K2 theme to get at links within the body of the
page. Here is the code and link to the links in the body I was trying
to change. How could I through this code in my parent and get it to
actually work?

http://onfalling.com/fis/?page_id=31

/* Links */

a:hover, a:visited:hover {