odd sending failure

Greg Troxel

Apr 15, 2015, 6:25:08 PM4/15/15
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com

I have a device running k-9 5.004 on the latest android 4.4. I have my
own server configured and normally that works fine. While connected to
wifi, but on the hairy edge of wifi range, I tried to send a message
with a picture, and it failed. This wasn't super surprising and I
didn't think too much of it.

Later, when the device was about 1m from an AP, I tried again, and got a
failed notification immediately. Looking on the server, I saw nothing
in the log, and then looking with tcpdump on the 1st-hop router I still
saw nothing. I generated a new message, which went fine. I then
exited K-9 (by swiping right from the double-square back-stack-choice
view), and then on opening it worked fine.

So it seems that k-9 or something else is perhaps caching some failure
status for longer than it should.

Unrelated, I was someplace yesterday that provided wifi that seems to
firewall the submission port. This reminded me about socks5/tor
support. I'd like to see an option to send normally, but on failure
use tor. (I know, ENOPATCH.)