Prob with K-9 deleting emails

rjc...@comcast.net

Mar 24, 2017, 3:10:29 PM3/24/17
to K-9 Mail
I use K-9 mail to just check on emails coming into 4 different accounts. I use it to just read the emails I want while away from my home computer. Very rarely will I use K-9 to actually respond to an email, preferring to handle that task from my home computer. In the past I was able to just look at incoming emails on these 4 accounts, then delete them from my phone, and they still appeared on my computer. The last few days if I delete them after reviewing them on my phone, they do not go on to my home computer. What changed? Seems to me there used to be a box you could check to tell the device if you wanted to sync the devices or not. Can't seem to find this in the settings. Help......

Mathguy

Mar 24, 2017, 3:25:22 PM3/24/17
to K-9 Mail
You probably changed (or it changed itself during the recent update) the settings under Fetching mail for Sync server deletions and When I delete a message.  Look at those.

rjc...@comcast.net

Mar 24, 2017, 3:47:13 PM3/24/17
to K-9 Mail
It must have set this on the recent upgrade. Problem solved. Thanks!

vrm3vrm3

Apr 17, 2017, 4:59:45 PM4/17/17
to K-9 Mail
I too recently discovered that deleting an email on K-9 removes it from my server even though I have the following settings:  "When I delete a message"  I checked Do not delete on server.  for "Sync server deletions" the Remove messages when deleted on server is not checked   For "Erase deleted messages on server" I have selected Manually.   Any suggestions on how I can make sure that K-9 NEVER deletes any messages on my server?     Thanks!