E-mail reading, fetching error (Cannot connect to server -ERR unknown command)

Matt Hensley

Aug 14, 2016, 1:38:37 PM8/14/16
to K-9 Mail
Dear K-9 Developers!

I can't read my emails on my phone for a few days.
The mail fetching is not working, but I got an error message: Cannot connect to server. (-ERR unknown command.)
This message appears when I check my current mailbox / account setting / fetching email / incoming server settings.
I already checked POP3 settings and there is no problem there.
Email provider: www.freemail.hu
On my desktop computer the provider's POP3 access works perfectly...
Could you help me, what is the wrong?
Thx.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F, K-9 5.010, Andriod 6.0.1, non rooted, all system updates are installed.

Péter Boros

Aug 15, 2016, 8:40:31 AM8/15/16
to K-9 Mail
I have the same problem.
Only with freemail.hu:
POP3 server: freemail.hu
not secure connection
Port: 110
authentication, password transmitted insecurely

Other POP3 servers are working perfectly.

It was a problem for a few days.

Phone: UMI Touch, Android 6,0

Matt Hensley

Aug 23, 2016, 2:59:40 PM8/23/16