How Can I Get K-9 to Ignore Promotional Gmail Emails?

G Pother Illowhite

Sep 2, 2015, 2:06:10 AM9/2/15
to K-9 Mail
I read the K-9 Manual and its topic 'How to use K-9's folder class system'. Forgive me, but I'm still confused. I just want to prevent K-9 from retrieving the emails sent to my 'Promotions' Tab in Gmail.

Again, if this is covered in the Manual, I'm sorry for missing it. I would, however, appreciate your insight.

Seth H Holmes

Sep 2, 2015, 6:28:54 AM9/2/15
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com, G Pother Illowhite
Gmail has special handing for labels. The promotions tab isn't actually an IMAP folder but a special label. You can't even prevent them from downloading with the gmail app.

--
Seth H Holmes
Sent from my Nexus 7 with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.