html formatting in K-9

ollion...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2017, 1:37:35 PM10/20/17
to K-9 Mail
I've been using K-9 for several years now and I am still puzzled by your implementation of html formatting (or lack thereof?).

Two questions:
1) what is the point of having an account setting (sending mail -> Message format) that allows one to select html formatting for outgoing mails, if we cannot format our email with not even the most basic formatting tags like <b> or <i>, let alone use an image in the email signature.
2) at the same time, if I forward an email I received and that email is in html format, in the forwarded email the body does contain the proper html formatted email. So it looks like K9 is capable of sending html formatted mail but for some reason we cannot use html tags in the part that we can actually use for typing a message or in the signature? I'm sorry but this simply makes not sense!

I have now tried several other free android mail clients and K9 seems to be the only one around that still uses this stone-age plain text formatting. I've been waiting for years for this to be remedied but am getting a bit tired of waiting now. Is this going to be fixed anytime soon or should I just go to another app?