Consequences of setting Trash folder to Gmail/All Mail

Marcel Ackermann

Sep 14, 2016, 12:07:17 PM9/14/16
to K-9 Mail
Hi,

Do I understand correctly that if I set the trash folder in K-9 to the Gmail/"All Mail" folder, then whenever I press "delete" that message is moved to that folder?
I am asking this because I don't want to delete mails, I always want to archive them and I hope to achieve this behavior with this setup -- but I don't want my "all mail" folder deleted at some point if k-9 decides to do that with the trash folder. So the question boils down to: How is K-9 interacting with the specified trash folder?

Thank you very much for your help,
Marcel