HELP! EXCESSIVE (!) mobile data usage

Barry Woodward

Jun 13, 2016, 7:57:54 AM6/13/16
to K-9 Mail

K-9 mail has suddenly started using a colossal amount of mobile data and managed to use up ALL of my 1GB monthly allowance in 3 days flat! It never did this before - my average for a whole month has been 250MB across all the apps on my phone. I even set the data settings for the app under system settings to not use mobile data then went out this morning and it had used another 100MB anyway when I got back - even tho I've only had 40 emails! I have 4 accounts, all IMAP (one Apple @mac and 3 gmail) set to sync the last 2 months and only 32k of each email. What on earth is going on? I'm gonna have to ditch the app if I can't resolve this issue.

Latest v5.010 on a Samsung Galaxy A3FU