K9 on Marshmallow not listed under Sync - Add Account

John Davies

Jun 2, 2016, 5:16:20 AM6/2/16
to K-9 Mail
I have upgraded to an LG G5 on Android 6 after years of contented use with K-9 on other phones.

I installed K-9, entered all the settings but see "syncing disabled"

I got to Sync in settings and then "add account" but K-9 is not listed.

How do I add K-9 to the list of accounts?

Philip Whitehouse

Jun 2, 2016, 5:38:18 AM6/2/16
to John Davies, k-9-...@googlegroups.com
In K9 synching disabled means there is no network connection or the account details are wrong.

It is not related to any of Android's account system. K9 email accounts are totally separate to the Accounts you see in the Settings screen.
>--
>--
>
>---
>Groups "K-9 Mail" group.
>an email to k-9-mail+u...@googlegroups.com.

Best regards,

Philip Whitehouse

John Davies

Jun 2, 2016, 8:17:16 AM6/2/16
to K-9 Mail
Thanks for your speedy reply.

My network and account settings are fine as I can send and receive emails.

I seem unable to switch on auto sync.

Cheers John.

John Davies

Jun 2, 2016, 12:00:26 PM6/2/16
to K-9 Mail
Google searching suggests this seems to be common issue with Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Manual sending and receiving is fine, but no auto-polling every, say, 15 min.

Android's own email client works as expected, but then it is listed under Accounts for auto-syncing in the Android settings. There's permission somewhere for K-9 I can't find.

Message has been deleted

Nutter Natter

Jun 12, 2016, 8:11:19 PM6/12/16
to K-9 Mail
It's the same on an HTC 10 with Android 6.0.1 whatever google changed has messed with this working. It doesn't sound like there's going to be a fix for this. All current advice just leaves to further battery drain and email coming in every 15 minutes as opposed to when they arrive.

Dave Bashford

Jan 14, 2017, 7:42:03 AM1/14/17
to K-9 Mail
My Droid Turbo updated to 6.0.1 a while back and I've been having the same issue ever since.
The messages in this thread are 7 months old, are you still experiencing this issue?
Is K-9 a dead project?