IPv6 HandShake Errors

Kristopher Kolpin

Nov 15, 2016, 12:52:57 PM11/15/16
to K-9 Mail
Hi all,

I've gradually started getting IPv6 working on my server cluster and it seems a lot of the bugs regarding address assignment and connectivity have been ironed out.

I was testing my mail server with my android K9 mail app and the retrieval of mail via IMAP seems to work fine over IPv6.  However, when creating a new message in K9 mail, I receive and SSL handshake error.

Does anyone have an updates on the status of IPv6 functionality in K9 mail?

Thanks,

Kris

Ola Thoresen

Nov 15, 2016, 1:43:04 PM11/15/16
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
I have no issues, neither sending (smtp) nor reading (imap) mail using ssl over ipv6 with k9.

/Ola T

Kristopher Kolpin

Nov 15, 2016, 3:11:33 PM11/15/16
to K-9 Mail
Just tried port 587 instead of 465 and it works fine. Strange. Both ports work over IPv4.

Ola Thoresen

Nov 15, 2016, 3:38:49 PM11/15/16
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
Oh.