java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path

Frederik Schmidt

Jul 23, 2013, 1:17:28 AM7/23/13
to jz...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I get the following exception in my eclipse (4.2) rcp. I added the libraries jogl2rc10, misc and the jzy3d libraries in the plugin runtime environment. But obviously this is a native dependency issue.

I hoped jzy3d can be used without actually installing any native libs? Is there a guide how to use jzy3d in eclipse rcp or ideas to overcome this issue?

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibraryInternal(JNILibLoaderBase.java:454)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.access$000(JNILibLoaderBase.java:59)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase$DefaultAction.loadLibrary(JNILibLoaderBase.java:90)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibrary(JNILibLoaderBase.java:328)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.DynamicLibraryBundle$GlueJNILibLoader.loadLibrary(DynamicLibraryBundle.java:390)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform$2.run(Platform.java:249)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform.loadGlueGenRTImpl(Platform.java:231)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform.<clinit>(Platform.java:183)
    at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.<clinit>(GLProfile.java:99)
    at org.jzy3d.global.Settings.<init>(Settings.java:12)
    at org.jzy3d.global.Settings.getInstance(Settings.java:21)
    at org.jzy3d.chart.Chart.<init>(Chart.java:59)
    at tool.scatterplot.ScatterPlot3D.<init>(ScatterPlot3D.java:60)
    at tool.RearchitecturerTabbedPanel.display3dSolutionScatterPlot(RearchitecturerTabbedPanel.java:255)

Belinda Marchand

Jul 23, 2013, 2:06:27 AM7/23/13
to jz...@googlegroups.com
Which version are you running? Are you doing an eclipse build or a maven build of your project? Did you build the 0.9 release yourself, checked it out from the repository, or are you using the files that sometimes get mailed out with the purchase of the manual? I used the latter for a while and I had no problems with the regular eclipse build, but the maven build was tricky to figure out. Eventually we got that working by NOT using the jogl or gluegen jars that shipped with jzy3d. You can get those directly from their respective maven repositories and it works just fine. Even then, however, we still had to decompress the platform specific jar that contained the DLL's to a local folder, then add that folder to the windows path so we could execute our JAR outside eclipse. If you're forever within eclipse, that last step is not necessary it seems.

Frederik Schmidt

Jul 23, 2013, 6:14:07 AM7/23/13
to jz...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for the reply.
I am using j3yz3d 0.9. I used the version from the web page and and  build jyz3d from head. Both with the same exception as a result. I am using eclipse build within my project. I will give it a go to build and use the jogl jars from the maven repos. cheers frederik

Martin Pernollet

Jul 24, 2013, 12:02:43 PM7/24/13
to Jzy3d
Hi Frederik,
This may help: http://jzy3d.org/troubleshooting.php
Otherwise try using the project from maven: https://github.com/jzy3d/jzy3d-tutorials/blob/master/pom.xml
Cheers,
Martin

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes Jzy3d.

goue...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2014, 7:37:55 AM1/21/14
to jz...@googlegroups.com
Jzy3D uses hardware acceleration through JOGL, it is impossible to use without native libraries but they are stored in JARs and automatically extracted from them, you just have to put those JARs into the same directory than jogl-all.jar and gluegen-rt.jar. I used Eclipse RCP + OSGI with JOGL 2 during about 2 years. I advise you to read Wade's tutorials if you still can't run JOGL in Eclipse RCP / SWT.