Strange problem after updated to 3.1.1

e-tip

May 17, 2012, 5:21:09 AM5/17/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody.
Today i've started to upgrade jxllib in a project i'm developing.
i've loaded mootools 1.4.5 and used jxlib 3.1.1 uncompressed and standalone.
everything ( after a little modifications due to some mootools functions that doesn't exists anymore ) works perfectly but... i cannot see any console.(log | info | alert )  output ( neither with chrome or firefox ).
when i remove jxlibs from the project console works ...

Jon Bomgardner

May 18, 2012, 1:34:14 AM5/18/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
That's because there a suppressor in there that disables the console.  You can do 1 of two things;

1) put Jx.debug = true; somewhere at the top of your file to allow them to work again (though the line numbers won't be right. That's one of the drawbacks to this solution)
2) or remove the code from the base at the beginning of the uncompressed version. You'd be looking for something that says Jx.base = to locate it (I'm not sure of the exact line number at this moment)

Honestly, I'm not really happy with this solution and am looking for something better. It was put in there to suppress console statements in production code just in case we accidentally left some in during development. If you can think of a better solution I'm all ears :)

Jon

e-tip

May 18, 2012, 3:30:12 AM5/18/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jon,
thank you very much for the response.
It makes sense, i'll see if i can find a solution to the problem.
Thanks