JxLib Themes are in conflict with others styles

aek

Jun 30, 2012, 4:23:45 PM6/30/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
JxLib Themes are in conflict with others styles due to rules at the beginning of the css theme file:

body,div,dl,dt,dd,ul,ol,li,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,pre,form,fieldset,input,p,blockquote,th,td{margin:0;padding:0;}
table{border-collapse:collapse;border-spacing:0;}
fieldset,img{border:0;}
address,caption,cite,code,dfn,em,strong,th,var{font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;}
ol,ul {list-style:none;}
caption,th {text-align:left;}
h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6{font-size:100%;}
q:before,q:after{content:'';}

Removing those rules fix the problem. I think that those rules are not for Jx.Lib widgets or at least they need to adjust to apply only for Jx.Lib widgets

Cheers

Jon Bomgardner

Jul 1, 2012, 2:36:48 AM7/1/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
Aek,

Those are standard CSS reset rules. They are required for the jxlib styles to function properly. I don't think we can guarantee what would happen if you remove them. I would suggest leaving them in and coding your other CSS around them. Personally I use something very similar on just about every website I create anyway.

Jon

aek

Jul 1, 2012, 12:41:21 PM7/1/12
to JxLib
That's the case, they are not required, in a project that I'm working
on now I remove those because they break other styles in tables and
others html elements. The thing is that the widgets shouldn't be
depending on those rules to properly display. When you remove those
rules some widgets lose the shape indeed but this shouldn't be right.
I think that those rules are not specific for JxLib widgets and they
should. They are a help when you begin a project that don't have any
other styles defined, but for legacy pages when you decide that JxLib
can be added and they have similar rules or a design that depends on
the defaults rules of the browser those rules break the design. Think
about this a little and you will see what could happens. The solution
can be make those rules JxLib widgets specific and not for all the
html elements in the page.

Aek