http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/196 - optimisations for the JVM for Javascript

Martijn Verburg

Jul 22, 2014, 5:48:13 AM7/22/14
to jvm-la...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Saw this JEP pop-up - might be worth a few of the dynamic language folks in particular take a look and see if it can be generalise to benefit all and not just Nashorn.  Note: It may not just benefit just Nashorn, I haven't got the expertise to tell either way.

Cheers,
Martijn

Attila Szegedi

Jul 23, 2014, 12:17:04 PM7/23/14
to jvm-la...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martijn,

my presentation this year at JVMLS is exactly about how can we extract Nashorn's smarts and provide them as libraries on the Java platform for other dynamic language implementers. So, we have this in our sights :-)

Ted Neward

Jul 24, 2014, 3:15:54 AM7/24/14
to jvm-la...@googlegroups.com
Would this be similar to, or built on top of, what you did with dynalang way back when?

Ted Neward
Author, Speaker, Mentor
t: @tedneward | m: (425) 647-4526

Martijn Verburg

Jul 24, 2014, 5:34:03 AM7/24/14
to jvm-la...@googlegroups.com
Hey Attila,

Figured as much - should've just pinged you first - my apologies! The Nashorn specific language had just made me a little nervous - a little knowledge is dangerous as they say :-).

Cheers,
Martijn