Using wx.Media (GStreamer) to play twitch.tv feed

swann...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2012, 1:51:27 PM7/10/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
So right now I'm making a project to play twitch.tv feeds through a built in wx widget. What is the best way for this? I have looked up some ways of playing streams through python, but none of those ways worked with the wx.Media. (i.e. gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=twitch.tv/taketv) Any help would be fantastic. Thanks.

Emmett Shear

Jul 10, 2012, 2:27:10 PM7/10/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

We don't support people playing our video through alternative players. It's explicitly against our ToS in fact. Ripping streams in this way prevents broadcasters from making money on ads, which is not fair.

If you want to build some kind of desktop client, I encourage you to use a webview and check out our Flash API. I think that will probably do what you want while still adhering to our ToS.

- Emmett

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM, <swann...@gmail.com> wrote:
So right now I'm making a project to play twitch.tv feeds through a built in wx widget. What is the best way for this? I have looked up some ways of playing streams through python, but none of those ways worked with the wx.Media. (i.e. gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=twitch.tv/taketv) Any help would be fantastic. Thanks.

as...@izeni.com

Jul 10, 2012, 4:27:27 PM7/10/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.