Connect Via HLS

Caiden Cowger

Feb 8, 2014, 2:49:30 AM2/8/14
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
I have recently launched a Roku channel, and have started running a 24/7 news network. We have been airing it on Justin.tv, however, we are unable to successfully add the (HLS) .m3u8 stream to our channel. It is up for a little while, but within 1-2 hours, it is gone. The current url requires a token to enter, but is there a permanent hls url that doesn't change?

I was watching it to make sure that my end wasn't dropping, and wasn't responsible for causing the disconnection. I caught it right when it went down, checked it, and it wasn't. The url
that I am giving you know currently worked, but doesn't now:
http://video27.sfo01.hls.twitch.tv/hls12/cowgernetwork_8447644720_61204860/chunked/index-live.m3u8?token=id=2730664341182186443,bid=8447644720,exp=1391674432,node=video27-1.sfo01.hls.justin.tv,nname=video27.sfo01,fmt=chunked&sig=23c58fb973e7253b26d51c6aea0e0f0babbbbe35

The highlighted part is the problem, because it changes and basically expires every so often.

Is there another url that I could use that streams in HLS or anything that would work? There is an Unofficial Justin.TV Channel for Roku, so I know it's possible.

Andrew Bashore

Feb 10, 2014, 5:36:07 PM2/10/14
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
This is an unofficial answer:

It is does require a token to be generated to authenticate your request. Currently there is no officially supported means of accessing the HLS feed directly.You need to use the Flash player. Reverse engineering access could be viewed as a violation of Justin.tv's terms of service since you are bypassing certain functionality such as advertisements.