Scale

marciarf

Aug 28, 2012, 3:00:32 PM8/28/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com

I have read about scale of 3D objects to be visualized in Junaio but I don't found the aswer for my ask  yet . The problem is, I am studing for putting virtual  models of construction in real scale (1:1) over the real elements, eg., a virtual model of construction site over real virtual construction site , a virtual model of a building over the real building etc. The models was criated using BIM tool as REVIT (Autodesk) and exporting as .obj file. I need to know how I can determine the scale in the BIM tool and transport it as .obj. Who could help me?

Stefan

Aug 29, 2012, 2:23:18 AM8/29/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't know the tool you're using, but in any case the junaio renderer uses millimeters as base unit.
So an object with scale 1 that is modeled to be 1000millimeters wide, will be displayed as a 1m wide object.

Just make sure the base-unit of your modelling software is 1mm or 1m, then you can specify the scaling factors accordingly.

marciarf

Sep 27, 2012, 2:56:36 PM9/27/12

Terça-feira, 28 de Agosto de 2012 16:00:32 UTC-3, marciarf escreveu:

I have read about scale of 3D objects to be visualized in Junaio but I don't found the aswer for my ask  yet . The problem is, I am studing for putting virtual  models of construction in real scale (1:1) over the real elements, eg., a virtual model of construction site over real virtual construction site , a virtual model of a building over the real building etc. The models was criated using BIM tool as REVIT (Autodesk) and exporting as .obj file. I need to know how I can determine the scale in the BIM tool and transport it as .obj. Who could help me?

OK, but the texture will be also adjusted using this scale?

Stefan

Sep 28, 2012, 4:47:21 AM9/28/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the texture is always scaled with the 3D model