JS: No cursor at input text

Rainer Lonau

Sep 29, 2012, 11:37:23 AM9/29/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi devs,

I'm really stuck here with some weird issue:
I've got a form like this in the AREL index.php
<form>

<label for='commentName'>Name: </label>

<input id='commentName' type='text' name='cName' size='30' value='test' /><br />
</form>

I can click in the text-field and the keyboard comes up. See screenshot attached. The problem is, there is no cursor and I can't type anything. The "test" text is predefined through the "value" parameter.
It's really hard to debug with the whole AREL thing and Google get's me nowhere for hours.
Anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks,
Rainer
no-cursor-input-text.jpg

Rainer Lonau

Oct 1, 2012, 11:37:41 AM10/1/12
Finally got it working. Problem was in the .css file

* {

-webkit-highlight:           none;

-webkit-touch-callout :      none;

-webkit-user-select:         none;
}
This prohibits user input. I've added the following code to get it working with input and textareas.

input, textarea {

-webkit-user-select: auto;
}

Seems very simple and logic, but hard to Google :D
Cheers,
Rainer

Stefan

Oct 4, 2012, 4:02:55 AM10/4/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
thanks for figuring that out.
I've reposted the question and answer to the new forum: