Need help in making my own GLUE channel

arezoo shirazi

Oct 9, 2012, 6:52:39 PM10/9/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I want to make my own glue channel, but since I am an civil engineer MS student, I am not that much good at programming and PHP.
I want to ask what exactly should I mention in my callback URL so it could go to my index.php?

Thank you,
Arezoo Shirazi

Christin

Oct 9, 2012, 7:06:17 PM10/9/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am not sure if understood your question correctly.

But, when creating a new channel on junaio.com developer area, you should set the path to the directory that contains  the index.php. If you started with one of the tutorial packages, the index.php is in the html directory. Therefore, the url would be for example: http://www.mydomain.com/junaiochannelname/html

Hope this will help you.
Best,
Christin

arezoo shirazi

Oct 9, 2012, 7:17:04 PM10/9/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
It is exactly my question. I want to know how to relate my channel to my index.php code which seems that the callback URL does it.
but whenever I do it, I keep receiving this warning :(which means my channel's validation has a problem)
On the other hand, I can not understand how this http://www.mydomain.com/junaiochannelname/html relates my channel to my index.php?!

Test 1 - Check Callback URL
An unauthorized request to the stated callback URL was sent to check whether the callback URL is available and authorization is requested.

Request (no authorization):
http://www.mydomain.com/junaiochannelname/html/pois/search/?&uid=cd62aa53358bb927d794e6bd92135f98&l=37.777125,-122.419644,0&p=5000&m=40&device=iphone

Expected return:
HTTP Code 401 - Unauthorized.

Return:
Return Status: 404 - Not Found

The given callback URL: http://www.mydomain.com/junaiochannelname/html cannot be reached. Please make sure that at least the /pois/search script is available.

Christin

Oct 9, 2012, 8:05:08 PM10/9/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
You could try to comment out in the index.php the lines where the authentication is made. (Am not at the computer, that is why I cannot copy you the code)
And you could check if the .htaccess and a search.php file are on your server in the correct directory.

If you created the new channel with the actual API AREL and if you use a tutorial package, note that there is an index.php in 2 different directories. Do not confuse them.

Regards,
Christin

Stefan

Oct 10, 2012, 4:42:51 AM10/10/12