Glue channel and Location based channel combination

deltaaruna

Nov 3, 2011, 3:53:07 AM11/3/11
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Hi all,

This is my requirement.

First I will load a Glue channel and a 3D model will pop up.
When the model is clicked a separate 3D model(a sky box) should
appear.
When we move the phone the sky box will give different views to us
according to the movement of the phone.

Is this possible?
Please someone help me. I am in real trouble.

Thank You

Info eDIAM Sistemas

Nov 3, 2011, 11:00:22 AM11/3/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi:

I think I understand what you say... but I'm not sure...

I supose you'll have to do this:

1. Use the glue channel, so de 3D model will appear.
2. When you click on it, it switches to another channel (LBC) with the sky
box (I understand you are inside the cube?)
3. When you are in the LBC channel and you turn around, you see the diferent
sides of the box... It won't update if you walk, simple you turn around...

Is that the idea?

Javier.

eDIAM Sistemas, S.L.U.

Javier Campos

Calvestra, 1

46185 Pobla de Vallbona (Valencia)

Tel. 962750889

Móvil: 647444196

e-mail: in...@ediamsistemas.com

web: www.ediamsistemas.com

to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Dear Javier ,

Thank You for your reply.
Yes thats the idea. You have it understood well.
But how can I accomplish the three tasks?
Can you please help me.
It will be a great help for me.

Aruna

On Nov 3, 8:00 pm, "Info eDIAM Sistemas" <i...@ediamsistemas.com>
wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I think I understand what you say... but I'm not sure...
>
> I supose you'll have to do this:
>
> 1. Use the glue channel, so de 3D model will appear.
> 2. When you click on it, it switches to another channel (LBC) with the sky
> box (I understand you are inside the cube?)
> 3. When you are in the LBC channel and you turn around, you see the diferent
> sides of the box... It won't update if you walk, simple you turn around...
>
> Is that the idea?
>
> Javier.
>
> eDIAM Sistemas, S.L.U.
>
> Javier Campos
>
> Calvestra, 1
>
> 46185 Pobla de Vallbona (Valencia)
>
> Tel. 962750889
>
> Móvil: 647444196
>
> e-mail: i...@ediamsistemas.com

Info eDIAM Sistemas

Nov 3, 2011, 11:43:49 AM11/3/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to help you.

1. In your glue channel (search.php) you'll have something like this:

<?php

echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
<results trackingurl=\"http://www.xxxx.com/xxxx/recursos/tracking.xml_enc\">

<poi id=\"01\" cosid=\"1\" interactionfeedback=\"none\">
<name><![CDATA[POI]]></name>
<description></description>
<author>author</author>
<date/>
<o>1.57,0,0</o>
<translation>0,-1.57,0</translation>
<minaccuracy/>
<maxdistance/>
<mime-type>model/obj</mime-type>

<mainresource>http://www.xxxx.com/xxxx/recursos/logo.zip</mainresource>
<force3d>true</force3d>
<s>4</s>
<customizations>
<customization>
<name>Name</name>
<type>url</type>
<node_id>click</node_id>
<value>junaio://channel/switchChannel/?id=CHANNEL_ID</value>
</customization>
</customizations>
<resources>
<resource></resource>
</resources>
<homepage>http://www.xxxx.com/</homepage>
<route>false</route>
</poi>

</results>";
?>

(I have less practice with switching channels, so I hope it runs...)

Change CHANNEL_ID with your LBC channel id, so it will open the other
channel (I hope :-) )

2. In your LBC channel, you have to load the 3D model (skybox) design being
you in 0,0,0 in an app like 3Dmax, so you'll get the "I'm inside" effect.

Something like that:

<poi id=\"cubo01\" interactionfeedback=\"click\">
<name><![CDATA[cubo_foto01]]></name>
<description></description>
<author> </author>

<o>1.57,0,0</o>

<minaccuracy/>
<maxdistance/>
<mime-type>model/obj</mime-type>

<mainresource>http://www.xxxx.com/xxxx/xxxx/cubo_foto01.zip</mainresource>
<force3d>true</force3d>
<s>5</s>
<resources>
<resource></resource>
</resources>
<homepage></homepage>
<route>false</route>
</poi>

Don't put the <l> parameter although it might no validate... but it runs.

Hope it helps.

Javier.

deltaaruna

Nov 16, 2011, 10:11:49 AM11/16/11
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Dear Javier ,

I followed your way but the location based channel is not loaded as
you said.
This is the tracking.xml file

<?php

/**
* @copyright Copyright 2010 metaio GmbH. All rights reserved.
* @link http://www.metaio.com
* @author Bernhard Heindl
**/

echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
<results trackingurl=\"http://www.slaugmented.com/glueAR/html/
resources/markers/tracking.xml_enc\">
<poi id=\"poiF\" cosid=\"1\" interactionfeedback=\"click\">
<name><![CDATA[Hello 3D World]]></name>
<description><![CDATA[This is my first 3D POI.]]></
description>
<author>YOU</author>
<date/>
<translation>0.0,0.0,0.0</translation>
<o>0,0,0</o>
<minaccuracy>0.02</minaccuracy>
<maxdistance>1000</maxdistance>
<mime-type>model/obj</mime-type>
<mainresource>http://www.slaugmented.com/glueAR/html/
resources/1.zip</mainresource>
<!-- force3d determines whether the 3D model will be rendered
right away, or a default poi with a \"load 3D Model\"

in the description shall be shown -->
<force3d>true</force3d>
<s>3</s>
<customizations>
<customization>
<name>Name</name>
<type>url</type>
<node_id>click</node_id>
<value> junaio://channel/switchChannel/?id=102321</value>
</customization>
</customizations>
<behaviours>
<behaviour type=\"idle\">
<!-- LENGTH: 0 for looping, amount of frames otherwise
-->
<length>0</length>
<!-- NODE_ID: name of the animation in the 3D model -->
<node_id>frame</node_id>
</behaviour>
</behaviours>

<thumbnail>http://www.junaio.com/publisherDownload/tutorial/
icon.jpg</thumbnail>
<icon>http://www.junaio.com/publisherDownload/tutorial/
icon.jpg</icon>
<homepage>http://www.metaio.com/</homepage>
</poi>
</results>";

The location based channel is not loaded. Can anyone help me to get
out of this problem?
Please someone help me. I am in a real trouble now.

On Nov 3, 8:43 pm, "Info eDIAM Sistemas" <i...@ediamsistemas.com>
wrote:
> I'll try to help you.
>
> 1. In yourgluechannel(search.php) you'll have something like this:
> Change CHANNEL_ID with your LBCchannelid, so it will open the otherchannel(I hope :-) )
>
> 2. In your LBCchannel, you have to load the 3D model (skybox) design being

Info eDIAM Sistemas

Nov 16, 2011, 6:48:40 PM11/16/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

I think we've got a problem. I've found this notes of the momento junaio 3.0
go out...

6. switch between Location Based Channels and GLUE channels by using
pre-customized TrackingXMLs

We have loosened the boundaries between Location Based Channels and GLUE
Channels. Based on an event, you can return different TrackingXML for Glue
or Location Based Information. The according TrackingXML to switch back to
Location Based, so GPS based functionality, is attached.

With this new functionality, you could for example define and start a
channel as a Location Based Channel and lead the user to certain reference
images in your area. As soon as he has found it and interacts with this POI,
you can load the according tracking XML for overlaying information onto this
pattern. If he wants to keep going, he simply clicks on a GUI POI and is
back to Location Based Mode.

Have advertisement and posters “point your users” to where those deals are
available.

So some ideas you can propose to your clients:

- Have a movie poster overlaid with a trailer video and have the
user be guided to the next movie theater showing this movie with one click

- Enable your outdoor GLUE campaign with hints to where the images
are placed and have geo located movies with alpha transparency explain
sights on the way.

So I think you can change from LBC channel to GLUE channel, but I'm not sure
it can be GLUE to LBC... Sorry... :-(

Javier.

eDIAM Sistemas, S.L.U.

Javier Campos

Calvestra, 1

46185 Pobla de Vallbona (Valencia)

Tel. 962750889

Móvil: 647444196

e-mail: in...@ediamsistemas.com

web: www.ediamsistemas.com

Nov 17, 2011, 3:27:49 AM11/17/11
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Hi there,

as Javier wrote it's possible to switch the "mode" in one channel.
It's also possible to go from GLUE to LBS and vice versa.
|| Based on an event, you can return different TrackingXML for Glue or
Location Based Information.

If I understand you correctly you're trying two switch between two
channels with the intents and linking (http://dev.junaio.com/
documentation/intents). I haven't experience switching channels and
therefore would recommend switching TrackingXMLs in one channel. It's
really straightforward.

Kind regards,
Rainer

On Nov 17, 12:48 am, "Info eDIAM Sistemas" <i...@ediamsistemas.com>
wrote:
> e-mail: i...@ediamsistemas.com

deltaaruna

Nov 20, 2011, 12:14:12 PM11/20/11
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Hi,

I successfully did it by switching TrackingXMLs. With that I am
changing fro GC to a LBC.
Thank you all for your kind help.

But now I have a new problem.
I successfully loaded the 360 using LBC. Now I need to put another 3D
model in the new LBC
But so far I am unable to load that second model. Actually I can't
load two 3D models in the newly created LBC.
This is my event.php
Please someone help me.

<?php

require_once '../library/poibuilder.class.php';

$jPoiBuilder = new JunaioBuilder();

if($_POST['type'] == "click" && $_POST['id'] =="poi")
{

$jPoiBuilder->start("http://www.slaugmented.com/glueAR/
AS_TrackingDataLBS.xml_enc");

$jPoiBuilder->removePOIByID("poi");

if(!empty($_POST['l']))
$position = explode(",", $_POST['l']);

$poi = $jPoiBuilder->create3DLBPOI(
"Hello",
"0,0,0",
"http://www.slaugmented.com/glueAR/Lake2.zip",
"",
1,
"This",
"http://ardevcamp.junaio.com/Tutorial/html/resources/
icon.jpg",
"http://ardevcamp.junaio.com/Tutorial/html/resources/
logo.jpg",
"metaioMan",
"0,0,0",
NULL
);
$jPoiBuilder->outputPOI($poi);

$poi = $jPoiBuilder->create3DLBPOI(
"Hello222",
"0,0,0",
"http://www.slaugmented.com/glueAR/test1.zip",
"",
20,
"This2222",
"http://ardevcamp.junaio.com/Tutorial/html/resources/
icon.jpg",
"http://ardevcamp.junaio.com/Tutorial/html/resources/
logo.jpg",
"abcd",
"0,0,0",
NULL
);

$jPoiBuilder->outputPOI($poi);
$jPoiBuilder->end();

}
exit;
?>

Thank You

Info eDIAM Sistemas

Nov 20, 2011, 12:21:48 PM11/20/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

But the other 3D object is "inside" the 360 model?

Javier.

eDIAM Sistemas, S.L.U.

Javier Campos

Calvestra, 1

46185 Pobla de Vallbona (Valencia)

Tel. 962750889

Móvil: 647444196

e-mail: in...@ediamsistemas.com

web: www.ediamsistemas.com

Nov 20, 2011, 12:33:58 PM11/20/11
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Hi Javier.

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I am trying use the second model as a button to load another
LBC which leads to another 360.
Actually I can't load any two 3D models.
To test I replaced the 360 model with another model to see weather 360
is causing to the second model to hide. Still I could load only one
model.
So I can't load any two models. Whatever two models I use, I can see
only one of them.
Please help me

Thank You
Aruna

On Nov 20, 10:21 pm, "Info eDIAM Sistemas" <i...@ediamsistemas.com>
wrote:

> Hi:
>
> But the other 3D object is "inside" the 360 model?
>
> Javier.
>
> eDIAM Sistemas, S.L.U.
>
> Javier Campos
>
> Calvestra, 1
>
> 46185 Pobla de Vallbona (Valencia)
>
> Tel. 962750889
>
> Móvil: 647444196

> read more »

Info eDIAM Sistemas

Nov 20, 2011, 12:59:41 PM11/20/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi:

I see the problem here:

- If the Lake2.zip is the 360 view, you have to load it at the end, I mean,
first test1.zip and after that, the 360 view. It avoids to "hide" the other
object.

- To test it, try to see our Geoturismo 360 channel (I attach the Qrcode, to
access easily) and look if this is what you need. We load a 360 environment
and if you look overthere, there is a door with a bouncing ball that if you
click on it, it erases the first POI and loads the other 360 view in the
event.php

- To "move" the ball in the environment, the ball was created at 0,0,0 and
we used <translation> to get the efect that it is in the door.

Try and tell me.

Keep in touch.

Javier.

eDIAM Sistemas, S.L.U.

Javier Campos

Calvestra, 1

46185 Pobla de Vallbona (Valencia)

Tel. 962750889

Móvil: 647444196

e-mail: in...@ediamsistemas.com

web: www.ediamsistemas.com

Nov 20, 2011, 1:16:16 PM11/20/11
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Dear Javier,

1. Yes Lake2.zip is our 360.
Yes I tried loading the 360 at the end. Then I can load only what is
loaded second. I can't load the first one.
What ever the model is I can load only second. Can't load first one.

2. Yes Our requirement also similar to Geoturismo 360

Firstly I need to load the two models(360 and the button)
So far I can load only one(One that loaded second)

Thank You
Aruna

On Nov 20, 10:59 pm, "Info eDIAM Sistemas" <i...@ediamsistemas.com>
wrote:
> Hi:
>

> I see the problem here:
>
> - If the Lake2.zip is the 360 view, you have to load it at the end, I mean,
> first test1.zip and after that, the 360 view. It avoids to "hide" the other
> object.
>
> - To test it, try to see our Geoturismo 360 channel (I attach the Qrcode, to
> access easily) and look if this is what you need. We load a 360 environment
> and if you look overthere, there is a door with a bouncing ball that if you
> click on it, it erases the first POI and loads the other 360 view in the
> event.php
>
> - To "move" the ball in the environment, the ball was created at 0,0,0 and
> we used <translation> to get the efect that it is in the door.
>
> Try and tell me.
>
> Keep in touch.
>
> Javier.
>
> eDIAM Sistemas, S.L.U.
>
> Javier Campos
>
> Calvestra, 1
>
> 46185 Pobla de Vallbona (Valencia)
>
> Tel. 962750889
>
> Móvil: 647444196

> read more »
>
>  GeoTurismo360.png
> 7KViewDownload

Info eDIAM Sistemas

Nov 20, 2011, 1:42:09 PM11/20/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
When you go to the list view, it appears in the list?

eDIAM Sistemas, S.L.U.

Javier Campos

Calvestra, 1

46185 Pobla de Vallbona (Valencia)

Tel. 962750889

Móvil: 647444196

e-mail: in...@ediamsistemas.com

web: www.ediamsistemas.com

Nov 20, 2011, 2:06:08 PM11/20/11
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Dear Javier ,

Thank you very much for your help.
Still I am a new comer to junaio world.
I have not come across anything called list view.
Can you please elaborate more about list view?

But what ever the 3D models are. Only the second 3D models is
augmented.

Thank you again for you kind help

Aruna

On Nov 20, 11:42 pm, "Info eDIAM Sistemas" <i...@ediamsistemas.com>
wrote:

> When you go to the list view, it appears in the list?
>
> eDIAM Sistemas, S.L.U.
>
> Javier Campos
>
> Calvestra, 1
>
> 46185 Pobla de Vallbona (Valencia)
>
> Tel. 962750889
>
> Móvil: 647444196

Info eDIAM Sistemas

Nov 21, 2011, 7:46:24 PM11/21/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

Why don't you try to change your php code in the event.php by this one:

(You'll have to adapt with your models, but perhaps in XML will run fine...)

------------Beginning of code---------------------
<?php

echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
<results>

<poi id=\"entrada\" interactionfeedback=\"click\">
<name>entrada</name>
<description></description>
<author>ediamSistemas</author>
<o>1.57,0,0</o>
<translation>200,200,0</translation>
<minaccuracy/>
<maxdistance/>
<mime-type>model/md2</mime-type>

<mainresource>http://www.xxxxxx.com/xxxxxx/resources/earth2.md2_enc</mainres
ource>
<force3d>true</force3d>
<s>30</s>

<behaviours>
<behaviour type=\"idle\">
<!-- LENGTH: 0 for looping, amount of frames
otherwise -->
<length>0</length>
<!-- NODE_ID: name of the animation in the 3D model
-->

<node_id>rotation</node_id>
</behaviour>
</behaviours>
<resources>
<resource>
http://www.xxxxxx.com/xxxxxx/resources/earth.png</resource>
</resources>
</poi>

<poi id=\"cubo01\" interactionfeedback=\"click\">
<name><![CDATA[cubo_foto01]]></name>
<description></description>

<author>ediamSistemas</author>
<translation>0,0,0</translation>

<o>1.57,0,0</o>

<minaccuracy/>
<maxdistance/>

<mime-type>model/obj</mime-type>
<mainresource>
http://www.xxxxxx.com/xxxxxx/resources/cubo_foto01.zip</mainresource>
<force3d>true</force3d>
<s>5</s>
<resources>
<resource></resource>
</resources>
<homepage></homepage>

<route>false</route>
</poi>
</results>";
?>

------------Beginning of code---------------------

Try to change it adapting your models. The first will be what you want to
"place" inside the cube and the last will be the cube.

If necessary try to change the scale to see if some object you don't see is
there, but greater or very little...

The List View is when you are seeing the channel on the phone, in the upper
right side, you have a button and one option is List View, so it "says" what
is loaded, although you don't see it...

Try and tell me.

Cheers,

Javier.

Deividas Bakutis

Oct 3, 2012, 3:02:57 AM10/3/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Deltaaruna, could you please explain how you did switching TrackingXMLs? where do you ad junaio://channel/switchChannel/?id=CHANNEL_ID&filter_poissearch=TERM. or give an example please. - it doesn't make sence to me yet...

thanks in advance.

Stefan

Oct 4, 2012, 3:35:22 AM10/4/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com