Textures rendered incorrectly on OBJ model.

Kimji

Jul 5, 2012, 3:48:02 AM7/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I've almost done with my Junaio project. Everything are fine, except 3D model. It seems that most of the texture are rendered incorrectly.

This is what it should be. I took the picture from the preview of Metaio Creator, so all the resources should be correctly setup,
But this is how the reality is. Apart from some windows and the tree, all the repeated texture are.... messed up.

Has  Anyone else seen something like this? The model was created in SketchUp, then exported to OBJ file with a .mtl file and multiple textures file (around 10 or 15 textures). The texture was showing fine without any weird stuff  in SketchUp and Misfit Model 3D. I've also tried building a simple flat ground with repeated glass texture, and got the same result.

Any advice / suggestion would be appreciated.

Stefan

Jul 5, 2012, 4:04:08 AM7/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
can you please check if all the textures have a size matching a power of 2? (e.g. 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, ...)
If not, can you please rescale the textures and check if it fixes the issue?

Kimji

Jul 5, 2012, 4:18:23 AM7/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Do they have to be all in the power of 2 ? Do they must be identical in both width and height (64x64)? Could they be like 128*64 ?

Stefan

Jul 5, 2012, 4:31:54 AM7/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
yes, 128x64 will also be fine.
it's also possible to load npot textures, but it's less efficient and can produce some issues

Kimji

Jul 5, 2012, 6:16:11 AM7/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hmm... so far, it's not working yet. Some specific textures for small objects have a non power of 2 sizes (like 137*109). So I decided to remove all of them and use only those with 256 * 256 for testing your suggestion, but has yet to see any changes in a good way. Many times I wouldn't see even the model it self. Maybe I might have to try restarting from 0, and test from a very small object first ,-.

Does anyone has a working example of an OBJ file with multiple textures? I'd like to check and compare the different with mine.

marciarf

Sep 27, 2012, 3:27:20 PM9/27/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Kimji
Did you solved your problem? Now I am with the same problem in a wall where I applied a brick texture. The texture only appear in a side and distorted. Do you know what could I do in this case?
Thanks
Márcia