offline mode in junaio plugin?

Huiwen Duan

Oct 5, 2012, 6:18:08 AM10/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Is there a possibility that user can download a 3d model beforehand and use it later when he has only 3g connection? If not, do I have to turn to metaio?

Stefan

Oct 5, 2012, 8:36:28 AM10/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
When the channel is opened the first time, the content will automatically be cached.
so when you open it a second time (on 3G connection), it will use the cached version.

Huiwen Duan

Oct 5, 2012, 9:12:42 AM10/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Does it mean that when I have the channel content cached, for later use I only need to provide my location/compass etc. info to interact with the 3d model ? Will the cached version be deleted at some point?

Stefan

Oct 5, 2012, 9:28:50 AM10/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
The application will still have to connect to your server, but it will not download the assets anymore.
At the moment the cached content will stay on the device, except if the operating system needs more space. Then the space is automatically freed.

So you cannot assume that it will stay on the device, once it has been downloaded.

As a general alternative, you could use the new metaio SDK + AREL and create an offline application. Please have a look at http://dev.metaio.com

Huiwen Duan

Oct 5, 2012, 9:57:18 AM10/5/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! I will take a look at metaio.