xml and API key

mromero

Jun 17, 2010, 7:39:05 PM6/17/10
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Hello,

1/ Where put the xml file with the POI? I am following the example 1,
I do not know where to put the file to be shown in junaio

2/ When try to validated my chanel appears:

Return: 401 - Unauthorized
The API key stated in the channel is incorrect. Please use your API
key (***********) for signing the channel.

I check my API key in the junaio web page and is ok?
I do not know what is happening

Thank you for help me

Marlon
+506trip

Frank

Jun 17, 2010, 7:47:31 PM6/17/10
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Hello Marlon,

it is best to start by downloading the php library - its a getting
started package available at http://www.junaio.com/publisherDownload/junaio_library_beta.zip

There, have a look at the readme and adjust your config.php by adding
your API_KEY (its in the config folder).

Next, have a look at html/index.php -> there your calback URL needs to
point to. You can adjust the index.php according to the hello world
example, or have a look at search.php (this is where the pois/search
request will end up) and adjust your xml there accordingly.

Hope that helps to get you started,
Frank

mromero

Jun 17, 2010, 8:23:29 PM6/17/10
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
thanks for the quick response.

yes, i following all instruction in the file pdf but the problem with
the api key persists.

Frank

Jun 17, 2010, 9:20:53 PM6/17/10
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Hmm...might also be, that not the index.php returns the 401, but you
server...

Try this:
comment out the authentication:

/*
if(!Junaio::checkAuthentication)
{
}
*/

Now validate again. If there is still the 401, there is some other
issue.
If not, it means that the validation fails. This can be caused by:
- invalid api key (usually the case, that is why it is written in the
validation)
- server time differs more than 15 minutes from the request time
(default - can be changed in the config.php)

Let me know what happened...

Cheers,
Frank

karol

Sep 25, 2012, 1:20:41 PM9/25/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, you comment fixed my problem in one sense but so then shouldn't I be able to get a valid API_KEY? Changing the auth tolerance didn't help for me.
So how to get a valid API_KEY? otherwise the solution is just to comment out the authentication, should it be like this, with the authentication commented out?

Thanks

Stefan

Sep 26, 2012, 2:52:44 AM9/26/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

after you sign-up as a developer ( http://dev.junaio.com/ ) there is a button on the right that will display your API-Key.
You can however also just comment out the authentication - especially if you don't have any database content in your channel.

Cheers,
Stefan

karol

Oct 1, 2012, 9:22:46 AM10/1/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks, yes, I could see that API key. I also had the authentication commented out. And actually, I need to connect to database, I'm doing it right now. -still not done- so I guess in the future this is going to be a problem if I don't have a proper API-key.

But I was wondering about if we could get another API key... since the one that I have gives error (like generating another API key?). I change for some hours the auth tolerance but that didn't change anything about the auth error.

Thank you,
Karol

Rainer Lonau

Oct 1, 2012, 10:46:25 AM10/1/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karol,

maybe this is related to this issue with the authentication:
This is an old thread, so maybe the part where to implement the additional code has moved.

Cheers,
Rainer

karol

Oct 2, 2012, 4:48:48 AM10/2/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rainer,

Thank you very much because I guess it fixed it -but I commented out those lines and appears to be working anyway!

Anyway, thanks,
Karol