Kernerk dead

Marco Forti

Jun 24, 2016, 10:51:01 AM6/24/16
to julia-users
Hi all,

I am facing a problem: everytime I try to run a code this message use to appear

"The kernel has died, and the automatic restart has failed. It is possible the kernel cannot be restarted. If you are not able to restart the kernel, you will still be able to save the notebook, but running code will no longer work until the notebook is reopened."

Any clue about how to solve it?

Thanks,
Marco

Kevin Squire

Jun 24, 2016, 11:05:57 AM6/24/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Marco,

Something you're doing is crashing Julia. This is bad, but without more information, it's impossible to tell what's going on or where the problem is--it could be a bug in Julia, ZMQ.jl, IJulia.jl (maybe), or somewhere else entirely.

Can you post the code you're trying to run (or preferably, a short snippet that causes the problem, along with the output of  versioninfo()?

You also might look through closed IJulia.jl issues.

Cheers,
  Kevin

cdm

Jun 24, 2016, 1:30:48 PM6/24/16
to julia-users

what system are you on (Mac, Linux, Win ...)?

have you run Pkg.update() lately ?

more info on your setup will almost certainly help ...

good luck !

Patrick Kofod Mogensen

Jun 25, 2016, 5:53:18 PM6/25/16
to julia-users
We need more information, but Marco might be using nightlies on JuliaBox. I get "kernel died" at least, no matter what code I try to run.