Wiener deconvolution

Mosè Giordano

Aug 28, 2016, 3:44:44 PM8/28/16
to julia-users
Hi all,

I wrote a very simple implementation of the Wiener deconvolution in Julia.  You can find it here as a (non-registered) package: https://github.com/giordano/Wiener.jl  The README.md has a basic example of use.

I'm not sure it deserves to be a package on its own, so I'm willing to include it in another package, but which?  The Wiener deconvolution is often used in image processing, a good place could be Images.jl (which already has other tools to manipulate images), but this technique can be applied to any kind of signal, not just images, thus another option could be DSP.jl.  Please, suggest me where this code can go.

Cheers,
Mosè

Tim Holy

Aug 29, 2016, 10:54:03 AM8/29/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
If you can't find another home, I'd be happy to have it in Images, but to me
DSP seems like the (slightly) better choice.

That said, I also don't think it's terrible to have small packages (they are
easier to document and faster for newcomers to come to grips with), so it
could also stay a package on its own.

Best,
--Tim

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:44:44 PM CDT Mosè Giordano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote a very simple implementation of the Wiener deconvolution
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiener_deconvolution> in Julia. You can

Tim Holy

Aug 29, 2016, 11:56:38 AM8/29/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
Or perhaps make the package Deconvolution.jl, and have wiener be the first (and
currently only) method?