Override ' but not ctranspose?

Sheehan Olver

Feb 28, 2015, 6:12:48 PM2/28/15
to julia...@googlegroups.com

Is it possible to override just ' without overriding ctranspose?  I want to use f' to mean differentiation but leave ctranspose(f) to mean conjugate transpose.  (Current alternative is to use conj(f.') which I guess is not so bad.)

Steven G. Johnson

Mar 1, 2015, 5:04:23 PM3/1/15
to julia...@googlegroups.com
No. f' -> ctranspose(f) occurs in the parse stage, I believe.

Sheehan Olver

Mar 1, 2015, 5:39:07 PM3/1/15
to julia...@googlegroups.com
That's too bad. I'd be in favour of having an intermediate definition (Base.tick maybe?) that could be overridden without overriding ctranspose too..I can file an issue unless there's a good argument against that

Sent from my iPhone