Eclipse plugin for Julia

Viral Shah

Feb 6, 2016, 6:52:33 AM2/6/16
to julia-users
We've put together an Eclipse plugin for Julia and open sourced it. This includes some early work, and the plans are to take it to the next level with participation from everyone.

I am quite hopeful that with all the progress made on Juno/Atom and Eclipse, we should have two good IDEs soon.

-viral

Harold C.

Feb 8, 2016, 1:28:53 PM2/8/16
to julia-users
Dear Viral,

Julia is absolutely splendid but the available IDEs… not so much. While I'm optimistic about the evolving Atom-based Juno, I've been wondering if there's any chance of cooperation with RStudio developers. Could it be adapted for Julia? Despite Qt and little customisation features (where Atom is clearly dominant), I think it's the best available IDE for scientific computing.

Harold

Oleg Mikulchenko

Feb 8, 2016, 1:39:32 PM2/8/16
to julia-users
Congratulations, Viral!

And thank you very much - people really need it. For me it is like a deal-maker, now I can go back to Julia, even accepting some rough edges in Eclipse plugin.

Oleg

Stefan Karpinski

Feb 8, 2016, 2:11:37 PM2/8/16
to Julia Users
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Oleg Mikulchenko <oleg...@gmail.com> wrote:
And thank you very much - people really need it. For me it is like a deal-maker, now I can go back to Julia, even accepting some rough edges in Eclipse plugin.

Glad it helps! If you find encounter issues with the Eclipse, please do file them.

G. Patrick Mauroy

Feb 9, 2016, 3:06:36 PM2/9/16
to julia-users
Thanks very much here as well.
I do all my technical work within Eclipse -- mostly Java and R (StatET plugin that I find great).
So being able to access Julia from within Eclipse will make it more convenient for me to use Julia -- an additional incentive to use Julia instead of R.
I am super happy with this initiative: I can have everything in one consistent environment, awesome!
Thank you so much again.