JuliaCon schedule announced

Viral Shah

Jun 9, 2016, 5:34:18 PM6/9/16
to julia-users
The JuliaCon talks and workshop schedule has now been announced.

Please buy your tickets if you have been procrastinating. We have seen tickets going much faster this year, and waiting until the day before is unlikely to work this year. Please also spread the message to your friends and colleagues and relevant mailing lists. Here's the conference poster for emailing and printing:

-viral

Paweł Biernat

Jun 16, 2016, 6:14:32 AM6/16/16
to julia-users
By the way, where exactly are the workshop and the conference going to take place?  I can't find any address on the webpage.

Paweł Biernat

Jun 16, 2016, 6:16:14 AM6/16/16
to julia-users
I didn't check the poster, there is more info there:

The Ray and Maria Stata Center
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA

Evan Fields

Jun 20, 2016, 3:28:42 PM6/20/16
to julia-users
Can non-registered local Julia fans show up for the hackathon?

Viral Shah

Jun 20, 2016, 7:39:57 PM6/20/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely

-viral

nuffe

Jun 22, 2016, 7:31:33 AM6/22/16
to julia-users
Will all the talks be posted on youtube, like last year? If so, do you know when? Thank you (overseas enthusiast)

Viral Shah

Jun 22, 2016, 9:49:43 AM6/22/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com

Yes they will be and hopefully much sooner than last year.

-viral

Gabriel Gellner

Jun 22, 2016, 10:33:30 AM6/22/16
to julia-users
For future conferences I would be super stoked to pay some fee to have early access if that would help at all. Super stoked to see so many of these sweet talks!

Viral Shah

Jun 22, 2016, 11:13:25 AM6/22/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com

Live streaming was too expensive and we did not do it this year, but we certainly want to next year.

-viral

Alex Coventry

Jun 24, 2016, 1:44:32 PM6/24/16
to julia-users
I would like to attend the hackathon tomorrow (Sat Jun 25.)  I'd be grateful for a pointer to where / when it's going to be.

Best,
Alex

David P. Sanders

Jun 25, 2016, 3:57:06 AM6/25/16
to julia-users

El viernes, 24 de junio de 2016, 13:44:32 (UTC-4), Alex Coventry escribió:
I would like to attend the hackathon tomorrow (Sat Jun 25.)  I'd be grateful for a pointer to where / when it's going to be.

It will be at the Stata Center at MIT -- see http://juliacon.org/#location

starting at 8:45am, I believe.

mmh

Jun 28, 2016, 11:44:13 AM6/28/16
to julia-users
Hi Viral, we have an eta on when the talks will be up on youtube?

Lanting Guo

Jun 28, 2016, 9:55:05 PM6/28/16
to julia-users
+1

Viral Shah

Jun 29, 2016, 10:47:30 AM6/29/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
We are hopeful they should be up by next week.

-viral

Eric Forgy

Jun 30, 2016, 3:09:35 AM6/30/16
to julia-users
Just noticed a small set of videos have appeared already +1

Viral Shah

Jun 30, 2016, 6:43:05 AM6/30/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com

They have already started appearing. Hopefully by next week they will all be up and we will announce then.

-viral

Christian Peel

Jul 1, 2016, 12:36:19 AM7/1/16
to julia-users

dnm

Jul 3, 2016, 12:25:03 PM7/3/16
to julia-users, chris...@ieee.org
Will Stefan's talk and the other keynote be up?

Viral Shah

Jul 3, 2016, 1:58:48 PM7/3/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com, chris...@ieee.org
They will keep trickling in. We will announce widely when everything is up.

-viral

feza

Jul 9, 2016, 6:23:48 AM7/9/16
to julia-users, chris...@ieee.org
Patiently waiting on stefan's talk

Viral Shah

Jul 11, 2016, 7:47:40 PM7/11/16
to julia-users, chris...@ieee.org
Stefan's video is up now, as is Tim Holy's and pretty most of them.

Julia 1.0

Arrays and Iteration

-viral

Eric Forgy

Jul 11, 2016, 9:16:10 PM7/11/16
to julia-users, chris...@ieee.org

Anyone else having trouble watching Stefan's talk? It keeps stalling (feels like I'm on a modem), but my connection is fairly decent

Sisyphuss

Jul 12, 2016, 10:06:17 AM7/12/16
to julia-users, chris...@ieee.org
I don't observe any trouble.

Viral Shah

Jul 16, 2016, 5:01:53 PM7/16/16
to julia-users
All the JuliaCon videos are up now. Please share this link far and wide.

Tony Kelman

Jul 17, 2016, 1:00:17 AM7/17/16
to julia-users
I don't see the tutorial that David Sanders gave, or the one that I gave. Might be others missing too?

Mauro

Jul 18, 2016, 4:52:37 AM7/18/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
A request for a correction: in Keno's Gallium talk the bottom line of
the screen is cut off. As most of his talk is a demo, where most things
happen in the bottom line, this makes it hard to follow along. Is there
any chance that this can be re-edited?

Christian Peel

Jul 19, 2016, 1:39:40 AM7/19/16
to julia-users
I saw quite a few videos with the same problem.

Viral Shah

Jul 21, 2016, 11:25:33 AM7/21/16
to julia-users, chris...@ieee.org
I doubt we are going to be able to do much at this point. Andreas and I are checking with the video person, but not looking promising on this front.

-viral

Viral Shah

Jul 21, 2016, 11:26:09 AM7/21/16
to julia-users
Both these tutorials are up now. The others seem are there.

-viral

David P. Sanders

Jul 21, 2016, 5:05:58 PM7/21/16
to julia-users