Base.take deprecated

Bill Maier

Oct 26, 2016, 8:23:10 AM10/26/16
to julia-users
I keep my Julia source code updated almost daily from github, and a few weeks ago I began receiving the error "WARNING: Base.take is deprecated" in some of my programs. I suspect it comes from inside some included package, but I'm not sure. Everything still compiles and runs correctly, but I'd like to fix the problem and get rid of the warning message. I've also run Pkg.update() regularly. Any suggestions?

Mauro

Oct 26, 2016, 8:44:00 AM10/26/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
`take` is deprecated on Julia master but not 0.5. Unless you have a
good reason to run Julia-master, you should use the current stable
release Julia-0.5 where `take` is not deprecated. Also note that
packages will likely not keep up to date with Julia-master. Thus if you
do use Julia-master expect breakages going beyond deprecation warnings.

Anyway, the deprecation warning should tell you where it was triggered.
Although sometimes that fails, then you have to narrow it down with the
usual debugging techniques.